General Sporting Insurance

Currently reading:
General Sporting Insurance

MattCupra

Just tried to get a quote from Privilage for a new Sporting,you have to select between petrol and diesel models and even though they listed the Grande Punto the Sporting wasn't there, checked the petrol models and there was the Sporting but a 1.4 16v not the 1.9 MJTD:confused:.

MattCupra said:
Just tried to get a quote from Privilage for a new Sporting,you have to select between petrol and diesel models and even though they listed the Grande Punto the Sporting wasn't there, checked the petrol models and there was the Sporting but a 1.4 16v not the 1.9 MJTD:confused:.

Its the same with all UKI companies:
Tesco
Direct Line
etc
etc

We're with Privilege at the moment, don't worry, I'll call them tomorrow to give them hassle, as we'll be changing the policy to the Sporting next week.

If you just want to get a rough idea just do a quote with the 5 door Eleganza, it's the same insurance group so will be the same money approx.

Called them. They said they would do it as the 5-door Eleganza as I thought then add a note on the account that it is actually they Sporting model.

Don't leave it at that.

When you call, ask to be put through to their underwriting department.

If you crash it and it is insured as an Eleganza, you can be sure that they will screw you. Insurance groups as published in car brochures and magazines actually don't mean anything.

UKI have a different grouping, 1-100 rather than 1-20. The Eleganza and Sporting will almost certainly not occupy the same rating. Therefore your insurance contract will not be valid.

My dealer has told me that there have been many problems with getting insurance details, and this situation does not seem to be improving, hence the need to speak to the underwriters when you call next. Don't settle for anything less, and DO NOT insure the car as a different model, even if it means you can't drive it.

Good luck!

Alex

Thanx for the tip Alex, but they went off to speak to the underwriter and that was the advice that came back from them when they called me back.

They said that UKI will be grouping it the same as the eleganza and therefore until they have updated their records they would take that model and then edit the record to read the correct model.

When I get the reg number on tuesday I have to call them to get the insurance swapped for real so will grill them more then.

Back