Sporting > Gt Project!

Currently reading:
Sporting > Gt Project!

Well, I've finally got what I wanted! GT Wheels! Got my Sporting ones sprayed rather cheaply and I love them! :D Just painted my brake calipers and am due to tint my windows very soon. The other future plans, are to actually do a GT engine conversion and to lower it by 40mm. As soon as I can afford it that is! Otherwise I'm really happy with what I have done...

comments welcome :)

DSC00097.jpg

DSC000952.jpg

Nice car, definately needs lowering.

Why a GT engine? I saw a dyno print out once, standard GT, making about 140bhp at the fly wheel and only 110ish at the wheels :eek: Seems like a lot of money for not so great gains, and a engine much less reliable than your current one.

Nice car, definately needs lowering.

Why a GT engine? I saw a dyno print out once, standard GT, making about 140bhp at the fly wheel and only 110ish at the wheels :eek: Seems like a lot of money for not so great gains, and a engine much less reliable than your current one.

I'd expect around 110-120atw considering it had 140 at the fly....

hmmmmm would it not it make sense to just get a GT and move over the parts you want to keep? if you really want to put a new engine in, it may well be better going down a different route. a 1.4 16v may well be a good option, a 1.8 as in the mk2 HGT?. or go the whole hog and get the V6 or 20v in! (though this probably isn't an option in a shopping trolley:p)

like the wheels (y)

if you want a GT buy a GT, its much cheaper than converting in several ways. cheaper insurance, car is worth more when you sell it, no cost of parts and labour for conversion, you get the full GT spec not just the engine. no matter how you look at it a GT conversion isn't as good as buying a GT.

Back