Technical )" Sporting brakes, HELP

Currently reading:
Technical )" Sporting brakes, HELP

cl22

Peeps,

I need help i have an 02 sprint blue sprorting and when a brake at low speed the peddle judder very similar to and abs judder, the peddle also goes hard then as the car stops the peddle returns to normal.

Are the brakes linked to the ECU with a driver in the ECU for the braking system?? is there an upgrade for the program??

I need to fix this ASAP as my four month daughter travels in this car and my GF drives it on a regular basis

Cheers

Chris:confused: :confused: :confused:

We bought the car about a month ago and I checked the receipts the drums were changed and so were some of the internals on both sides, the front dics were changed and new pads put in all about 1000miles before we bought it.

the car is actually my GF's i have a seicento sporting and a bravo 20v turbo, we need to sort this ASAP.

I'm gonna strip off the wheels tomorrow and have a proper look but was just wondering if any one else had had a similar experiance, the feeling in the peddle is quite unnerving.

It's just started yesterday but I'll check it out thanks for the help dude

Chris(y)

Not sure it could be Just feels weird. My dad has a focus st170 and his brake pedal went hard a few time when he went bacl to the garage they loaded another program into the ECU for the brakes, is this possible on the punto??

I'm checking them tomorrow I'll keep you upto date

C:slayer:

Dudes,

fault was the brake pads EBC green stuff the pad had come away from the backing plate!!!!!

i'm on to EBC now.

c:slayer:

Will do matt and cheers bruv for the concern!!(y)

Sending the pads back to them this week with a leter, phoncall and email!!!!!

cheers peeps

:yum: :slayer:

I was about to say check for warped discs but its pretty rare on puntos they are not heavy enough to cause that much heat!

Take ebd to court with that one, what would have happened if you were say

e.g. driving down a single track road, go round a corner and meet a vehicle coming at you, they brake you brake, and find your material has dropped out onto the road a few miles back, bang, not worth thinking about.
Defanatly something amiss there!

cl22 said:
Will do matt and cheers bruv for the concern!!(y)

Sending the pads back to them this week with a leter, phoncall and email!!!!!

cheers peeps

:yum: :slayer:

I hope you aint sent em back without taking a couple of pics.My old man used to be a very knowledgeable & wise rep and i remember him saying it always used to p**s him off when people didnt send him faulty goods back, as they would still have the upper hand. He basically, would have to go out to them and quite blatantly blackmail them with company goods to get the item back & prevent 3rd parties getting involved.:idea:

Back