Technical Sporting 1.2 16v fuel feed line to rail

Currently reading:
Technical Sporting 1.2 16v fuel feed line to rail

Hi all, what fitting is it to the sporting fuel rail? Any other cars use it? I can't find a single thing that fits without leaking and nobody breaking one will get back to me :(

Thanks.

do you mean the clip on piece on the end of the fuel line where it meets the fuel rail??

If so they are pretty common, i seen them on fiats, vauxhalls, alfas and vw's. But no idea where to get them, when i got my engine i cut a bit of that pipe off so i had the connectors. From memory the return is slightly different too.

I think, but don't hold me to this, if you went to a scrappy and cut the 2 fittings from either side of the fuel filter on a spi cinq/sei or mk1 punto they are the same, there is probably more cars that will have suitable connectors though. But they have 2 push in tabs on either side you have to push in to get them to pull off and they can be a right hassle to get off.

Last edited:
well yeah, i mean the actual connector that is on the pipe... it's like a barbed push on male connector that goes into the female port on the rail for the fuel feed, has release 2 tabs on it (later on the mk2, it was reversed and the male connector was on the rail, the female was on the actual line)

can't find one that fits anywhere, off any car, everything else i can find doesn't seal properly (had too short, long, thin or doesn't go in at all....fat, normally a mix of 2 of them) Wondering if i can swap the ports over now to run the more modern setup, the diameter of the clips that go onto the actual rails all seem pretty standard, so would just be a case of pulling one off (already ripped the ones on my 2 rails so i know they can come off intact :p )

Thanks for the tip off about the fuel filter connectors, never thought of that :)

Thankfully, my local scrapyard had a very, very early mk2 sporting in today and i got the fitment i needed from that!, seems like the design of fitments are a bit scattergun over the models

Back