Technical speedomiter dim lcd display HELP

Currently reading:
Technical speedomiter dim lcd display HELP

ivr6944

i have a 2013 500s ,the centre lcd is barely readable as its so dim and no red light to iluminate, ive been told its an expensive fix also noticed when i turn ignition off the handbrake warning light and seatbelt light stay on verry dimly milage 43000 , where repairs them for a sensible price in uk. seen a few on ebay but higher milage on them

I suspect the cheapest fix is a second-hand Speedo as this has cropped up before though not the illumination, make sure the one you buy has a mileage LESS than yours as you can increase the figure but not decrease it, fitting is straight forward but you'll need someone with MES software to get it talking with the car.
Not sure what the youngest cluster you can use, it is possible to use a digital one "I think " up to maybe 2015/6 others may better advise

Last edited:
Either second hand Speedo as above
More expensive but guaranteed solution so you don't have it happen again is send the part away for repair revtronics in Bradford do repairs on parts like these and a I believe they use better quality parts bit obvious more expensive then a second hand cluster

ive been offerd a brand new fiat one .with zero miles will i have to get it programmed to the ecu or just plug in

ill have to take it to a dealer to have milage taken up to 36000 m its a fiat 500 s 2013

Back