General speedo problems fixed.

Currently reading:
General speedo problems fixed.

now u may or may not know that my speedo and odometer werent working for a little while, well i changed the cable and nothin changed, the clocks worked in a different car!!!

i took it into fiat to look at, the bloody drive in the gearbox had shattered, £90 fookin quid later my speedo is now working! bloody fiat.... :mad:

hello mr moderator! :p Mine isnt workin in my black 1, havnt investigated thouroghly as yet, now readin that i dont think i want 2! Im just hoping it is the cable or clocks! So is that not something that you can do yourself? Or does it have to be a fiat jobby?

Theresa

hello yourself!!!

best bet is to change the cable, then take the dials off, stick the car on axle stands, stick it in gear and c if the center of the cable spins!

if it does then it is prob the speedo itself, if it doesnt then it is either the small plastic cog or drive itself in the gear box!

the only problem is if u are plannin on havein a look yourself and dislodge the drive, it will fall inside the gearbox needed a complete rebuild to get it out :eek:

so i just bit the bullet and let fiat fix it!!!

Back