Technical Speedo interchangeable ?

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo interchangeable ?

@Baglady1990 has done it.. so I would say "yes".. but it's not necessarily a straight swap. Some MES/calibration is needed.

But back to the OP: It sounds like the auto box might have a different LCD panel in the centre, as well as there are two styles of LCD for the (pre-2015) manual cars.

Ralf S.
Yes, figured it out now.
100% certain that Manual and Auto have different LCD's as there's no Gear indicator and auto/manual indicator.
I'll try to swap out the LCD only to see if that works, perhaps the internals on the board are the same but LCD just isn't showing.

I’ve indeed done more than I ever EVER intended 😂 the TFT in my car is a 2015 sport and my car is a 2011
It was plug n play for myself.. obviously mes was needed to proxi but that was it … I did manage to change the display but that was the font mainly from an awful “standard” font that was stretched almost I’m guessing standard sport screen?
As far as I’m aware concerning the arbarth display that’s coded into the cluster but maybe it can be changed by doing what I did

Okay, so swapping out the LCD for an automatic one doesn't work, unfortunately.
I'll need to get my hands on an entire unit that's suited for dualogics.

Ha ha, figures, is there any technical challenge @Baglady1990 hasn't done, short of shoehorning a Bugatti Veyron engine under the bonnet? 😁

Well if it's possible, that might be one solution to the speedo issue if the correct type cannot be found - fit a tft instead and (hopefully) that'll display the correct info. Though from what I've gathered whatever the speedo is, it needs to be lower mileage than the one which has been removed from the car, otherwise it won't sync.
It will work perfectly fine with a higher milage

Just your milage will be incorrect

Hello. I'm also looking for an LCD for dualogic. OEM 735471907 LCD nr COG-VLIT1228A-01. I read that you can give COG-VLIT1318-01. Do you know any other number?

Okay, so swapping out the LCD for an automatic one doesn't work, unfortunately.
I'll need to get my hands on an entire unit that's suited for dualogics.

You may have sorted this by now but did you get to this MES screen?

Gearbox-3.png

Sorry if it seems like I'm teaching you to suck eggs....

I’ve picked up a (potentially) bargain speedo, not looked at it yet….
Is there any easy way to a/s/l I mean age model I’d etc the Speedo?

Also if I have to how easy is it to swap into either of the current cars I have to compare etc and check mileage?

I’ve picked up a (potentially) bargain speedo, not looked at it yet….
Is there any easy way to a/s/l I mean age model I’d etc the Speedo?

Also if I have to how easy is it to swap into either of the current cars I have to compare etc and check mileage?
I think you'd have to plug it in to check mileage. (single plug in the back) and looking up part numbers on the web for age/year etc. I'm still working that one out myself.

For 500 twinair it was as follows, but there are vids on YT.

Photograph mileage.
Half hour job. Do the mileage last, and don't make a mistake, it can only be set upwards NOT downwards.
  • Photograph mileage.
  • Disconnect Battery.
  • Bottom steering column cover - two screws underneath.
  • Top Steering Column cover - two screws from the underside.
  • Speedo cowling - three screws, one at top, two below.
  • Speedo - four screws, two at top, two at bottom.
Then as long as you like on MES....
Control+Alt+C, to change byte 65 to either:
00 = pop/lounge.
20 = Same as above with slightly different layout.
40 = Sport.
60 = Abarth.
(These changes didn't work for me as I think my speedo is too modern, and isn't recognised by the Body ECU, but I'll sort it eventually)

Last edited:
To be fair I’m likely to flog the one I’ve got, just need to check it works…
I have a 2009 year, I installed European English meters of various years, they all worked. of course, the mileage was on the odometer, not on the car.

Today I bought a yellow cable from Multi for 6 euros and did the alignment, the counter packs the gears great. I just need to change the date and time - apparently it is possible in version 4.8

I confirm that from version 4.8 multi you can set the date and time despite the old radio.

Back