speakers in rear of punto mk2

Currently reading:
speakers in rear of punto mk2

fiat_cinq_driver

I have noticed that in rear of my punto mk2 i have little spaces each side of parcel shelf for speakers..... so, questions:

1) How i fit them there??
2) How do i wire them up from head unit to boot??
3) Do you know what the spaces are that im going on about??

thanks in advance,
Paul

Despite what the name says I now drive a punto!

hi there. i assume you must have a low down model pf mk2 punto ?? as i thought they all had the speakers there. i know teh spaces and in mine there are 2 speakers in them and a fiat sub fitted underneath the one on the passenger side. asto hwo you go about fixingthem i dont know. if the wiring is not allready there then will be hard/long job to do.

hi there, the wires for rear speakers and sub if fitted travel down the passenger side of the car. havent taken the speakers out to check were wires exactly come from but the wires in my car go into the fiat sub first at the top just under speaker area. soo its some were on passneger side near floor at back of the rear seat i presume. i got a 3 door model assume its the same as the 5.

you must have a very basic model punto, if your headunit can take 4 speakers, you'll probably have to run wires from headunit back. might be worth taking off boot trim to see if wiring is already there before you do all this!
anyway, you'll have to remove the centre console, the stereo, some of the dash, and the rear seats if you want do do it properly.
i'd suggest getting an mdf parcel shelf and mounting better than OE speakers on them. sound will be much better. get it trimmed with carpet. the standard speakers are a bit weedy

Back