Speaker fitting.

Currently reading:
Speaker fitting.

adamcrate

Complete newbie to cars only 17, how do I fit 6x9 speakers in the boot of my Grande?

Thanks.

best option is not to......

you will not get them to fit in the parcel shelf very well anyway (there is a steel reinforcing bar running across the shelf for a start so cutting a large enough eliptical (spl) hole is difficult your best off upgrading the original speakers with the added bonus no one will see what you have fitted so they wont smash your back window to pinch them ;)

these guides should help if you plan to go down that route......

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/113959-changing-front-speakers-walkthrough-pics.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/115149-changing-rear-speakers-oh-my.html

I will move this to the ICE (in car entertainment section) for you they are a bit more knowledgeable in there ;)

Thnakyou, thats good to hear before I went and cut up my parcel shelf! How much am I looking at for a decent setup?

Thnakyou, thats good to hear before I went and cut up my parcel shelf! How much am I looking at for a decent setup?

well i suppose it all depends on what you want i put some £40 Sony in my front door cards and some cheaper ones in the rear and they are better than original (sizes are in the guides above) everyone is different try going into the likes of Halfords and having a Look at their speaker display and see which you like the sound of (everyone is different when it comes to music)

i have full vibe setup so i have vibe conponants front and back and they sound realy gud but to say that i have over £2000 of soundsystem but most of it isnt fitted due to not 100% finishing my fibreglass boot build.

any way back to subject i would get vibe conponants

i have full vibe setup so i have vibe conponants front and back and they sound realy gud but to say that i have over £2000 of soundsystem but most of it isnt fitted due to not 100% finishing my fibreglass boot build.

any way back to subject i would get vibe conponants

Don't be silly there how do you spend 2k on vibe?
I'm on the **** ATM but I will write a a proper reply in the morning.

Back