Technical spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical spark plugs

mezb

just got some bosch super 4 for my 1.6 changed them no probs the guy from halfords gave me the box and on checking the back it list all other fiats but no stilos the box num is 510 fr 78 x any ideas the car seems to run great

From what I remeber when I bought mine that is the correct part number so your OK :) I have gone back to the NGK plugs though for my car after seeing a test on the bosch as they arnt up to the quality of the NGKs for the stilo IMO :)

From what I remeber when I bought mine that is the correct part number so your OK :) I have gone back to the NGK plugs though for my car after seeing a test on the bosch as they arnt up to the quality of the NGKs for the stilo IMO :)

I'm trying the Super 4s after years with NGK. Do you know if NGK produce a 'four pronged electrode' type which would fit the Stilo?

Which NGK plugs are you using? I've had no quibbles with the Super4s - instant noticable low down power increase.

I'm trying the Super 4s after years with NGK. Do you know if NGK produce a 'four pronged electrode' type which would fit the Stilo?

No NGK don't .. but let me tell you what I was told and have seen regarding 3/4 pronged earth conductors on some plugs what happens is the spark is split to the conductors and in fact a single conductor is more efficient ..and Bosch plugs are Not as efficient as NGK with regards to fouling where as NGK I have see for my self when taking out a plug recently which had the largest build up of carbon deposits on any plug I have ever seen in all my years and also the ceramic shroud around the centre electrode was totally disintegrated :eek: but still that plug fired where as a bosch plug would have given up the ghoste long before :)

Back