spark plugs

Currently reading:
spark plugs

C

Colin morrison

what spark plugs do you all use on your brava 80sx 1.2, halfords gave me 4 champion rn7lcc (not fitted yet)double copper core spark plugs, are these ok ? thanks colin.

fiat brava
80sx 1.2 W reg-2000

dont trust halfords.
its a sweeping statement i know but they did give me the wrong ones before.
shouldnt they be RC9YCC plugs?
as i'm at risk of doing what halfords do, and get it wrong, check your manual to make sure as i'm not 100% certain.
the ones you have may be right. different spark plug manufacturers use different part numbers.

Re: Re: spark plugs

Nearly ever hellfords guide book has an error in it, the bulb book is a total waste of time. I know for sure its wrong for the Bravo/a, the uno, Fraud fiesta, Saab 900 and VW LT.

Re: Re: Re: spark plugs

Yes I'll go along with that. Halfords spark plug listing for Bravo 1.2 is wrong. I had to take them back not too long ago. I was surprised that the price from Fiat is comparable with other autospares stores. About £6 each. Being double elctrode though, they last one heck of a time, much more than the Haynes recommended spark plug change interval

Hi,

the Rn7LCC plugs will not physically fin in that engine as the thread size is 14mm and that engine takes 12mm plugs. The ones you want are the RA4HCX Champion, or the NGK DCPR8E-N (If i remember correctly). I work for champion and developed these plugs for that engine. We are about to release an improved plug over the RA4HCX soon. It is currently not as projected in the chamber as the OE NGK one.

hope that helps

sandro

use nitrous

spark plugs will offer you no more than 2 HP.
you better use a dry nos system for a good 30-50 HP modification without changing anything in your car (fuel pump, chip, breaks,..)
it costs more but it gives you more power with less money and only when you need it. you spend more gas only with nitrous switch on, otherwise you spend no more gas than an ordinary 80 HP fiat.
let your friends and neighbours try to change spark plugs, exhausts, and air filters to give thei car 5-10 HP spending lots of money