General Spark Plug!

Currently reading:
General Spark Plug!

alan01256

OK so am I just daft or have Haynes screwed up.

I went to change the spark plugs on my niece's Mk2b Punto at the weekend so ordered a set of Bosch plugs as per the Haynes manual (FR 8 D+) only to find when I got the old plugs out (NGK's) the threaded part of the plug was a different size.

Now the Bosch are 14mm & the ones that came out were 12mm. Ok I thought the manual quotes NGK as BZR5EZ. So bought a set of them only to find they to are 14mm.

So can someone please tell the right part number for a 2004 1.2 8V Punto spark plugs.

Attachments

• Fiat Punto Haynes.jpg
    Fiat Punto Haynes.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 61
No signs of heli-coils in the plug holes?

But iirc some engines did come with 12mm or 14mm plugs

Wack ur reg into eurocarparts and have a look at the recommendations

No point getting twin cathode or quad cathode stuff - single ones are more than fine for the punto 8v

Currisoity do you have a square or round oil filler plug?

Ziggy

No, no signs of heli-coil repairs to the spark plug holes/threads.

Eurocarparts is where I got the 2x sets of spark plugs I already have so I can return them.

Eurocarparts do list plugs with 12mm threads but I was going by the Haynes manual (oh & don't ask me why it uploaded upside down) & got the set listed for the 8V SOHC & these are the 14mm.

After I posted the original post I did a search on ebay for the NGK's listed in the Haynes manual for the 16VDOHC & guess what? They are 12mm threads, so it must be the manual that is wrong.

The sump plug is round with a 12mm hex key drive in the middle.

Sorry the oil filler plug is a sort of rubbery square thing with a round bung that fits in the round hole in the rocker box. The one shown in the Haynes manual & looks standard..

Back