Technical Spare wheel and tyre

Currently reading:
Technical Spare wheel and tyre

Woolly

Hi. I am trying to source a spare wheel and tyre for my Ducato moho, which came without a spare. I have installed a new winch kit. As i understand, there are 2 sizes of wheel. My tyre is 225 75 R16. And the gap bn the studs is 71mm. I have been told that the gap bn the studs is crucial in getting the right steel.
Has anyone had experience in obtaining spare steel for their van please ???

Les

Hi. I am trying to source a spare wheel and tyre for my Ducato moho, which came without a spare. I have installed a new winch kit. As i understand, there are 2 sizes of wheel. My tyre is 225 75 R16. And the gap bn the studs is 71mm. I have been told that the gap bn the studs is crucial in getting the right steel.
Has anyone had experience in obtaining spare steel for their van please ???

Les

The 16" wheels now come in two sizes. Originally they came in only one size with 5x130 PCD and were only fitted to the Maxi chassis. In 2014 Fiat introduced a 16" wheel for the light chassis which has 5x118 PCD. Whichever one you have they are available on ebay etc. There is plenty of info on the web of how to measure PCD.

Last edited:
I have one but its for the Heavy/Maxi chassis and have just measured the gap between the studs at 76mm approx
So I think you have got the Light chassis
You can tell by looking at the plate under the bonnet
The Heavy chassis (130PCD) says 2100kg and 2400kg for the maximum axle weights
The studs are further apart because the hubs and brakes are bigger for the extra weight.
The Light chassis will be lower axle weights on the plate under the bonnet
If you have a professional motorhome conversion it will almost certainly be on the light chassis - they don't build them any heavier than they need to do
I hope the plate on your winch kit fits because they were different to fit the different wheel centres

Last edited:
I have one but its for the Heavy/Maxi chassis and have just measured the gap between the studs at 76mm approx
So I think you have got the Light chassis
You can tell by looking at the plate under the bonnet
The Heavy chassis (130PCD) says 2100kg and 2400kg for the maximum axle weights
The studs are further apart because the hubs and brakes are bigger for the extra weight.
The Light chassis will be lower axle weights on the plate under the bonnet
If you have a professional motorhome conversion it will almost certainly be on the light chassis - they don't build them any heavier than they need to do
I hope the plate on your winch kit fits because they were different to fit the different wheel centres
Thank you for that update. I have attached my pics for any help. My van is a swift conversion. 18 plate. I will look at the axle weights under the bonnet. That's a great help. I now Hope the winch fits after all this. Cheers [emoji106][emoji106] 20210803_115450.jpeg20210803_115708.jpeg

Thank you for that update. I have attached my pics for any help. My van is a swift conversion. 18 plate. I will look at the axle weights under the bonnet. That's a great help. I now Hope the winch fits after all this. Cheers [emoji106][emoji106]View attachment 219506View attachment 219507

They look the genuine Fiat 5 x118 alloys to me

Thank you for your help mate. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
That's ok. I have attached a link to an ebay item which will do the job. The same seller also does a wheel + commercial tyre.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18385161...B7AzQF7SXoX6sg%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

You will be able to use the wheel bolts from you Fiat alloys for a steel wheel i.e. you do not need different bolts for the spare. [This does not always apply to after market alloys but it does for your genuine Fiat ones. I speak from experience having uprated steel wheel to the fiat alloys].

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back