General Spare downpipe anyone?

Currently reading:
General Spare downpipe anyone?

While looking over the car this weekend with :worship: Dr OP :worship: I noticed that the downpipe is cracking :eek: on the 'expandable' section that used to be covered with wire mesh - it's holding up at the moment but not sure how long I will be able to get away with it...........:(

so, here's the thing - I only have a budget of about £100 this month and want to get some lower springs and a new speaker set :cool: - I really don't want to spend money on 'functional' stuff so I thought :idea: ....................

:rolleyes: 'I wonder if the good folks on the FF have a downpipe spare that they would like to 'donate' to LRB' (y) ...........while you are at it if anyone has a stainless steel exhaust (preferably DTR but beggars can't be choosers) they are not using I am sure that LRB would be grateful of the donation! :)

Retreats to await certain flaming...........

Im in a bad mood:mad:
Silly woman ran into the side of my van at a roundabout tonight coming home from London:mad:

Last edited:
It's only a hire van but thats not the point, two lane roundabout Im in the outside lane going straight on and she's on the inside lane and decides she's turning right:mad:
Three times a week down to Beckton near London City airport.

Don't get me started on driving standards, or we will be here for ever...........

I went to the gym for a swim at lunchtime, its all of about a 4 mile round trip - I had a stoopid t@@t in a 7.5 tonne flatbed skid to a halt behind me when I stopped at a RED - he indicated in no uncertain terms that he thinks I should have jumped the lights 'cos there was nobody coming the other way!! I stopped in Sainsburys for a sarny on the way home and had some silly tart on the phone pulled out of the filling station almost into the side of me (inches between us) then one final incident on the Bracknell inner ring road where a c@@t in a Polish registered heap of ****e came from a service road - cut across three lanes in front of me and a bus to disappear into an opposing service road.........

Trouble is this kinda thing happens daily so it no longer shocks or surprises.........

Three times a week down to Beckton near London City airport.

Used to be a good little devious route that to avoid the A13 but even 10 yrs ago started to get busy. Did Hackney to Hornchurch every day near enough.

Anyway it's not the Barchetta and you are OK so it could have been worse.

LRB your taking the preverbial Mick..

Used to be a good little devious route that to avoid the A13 but even 10 yrs ago started to get busy. Did Hackney to Hornchurch every day near enough.

Anyway it's not the Barchetta and you are OK so it could have been worse.

LRB your taking the preverbial Mick..

Alan, good to have you back - trust all went well - as for taking the Mick there is an element of hope that someone may have one on the shelf they would sell on at a discount...................

Back