Sourcing a stalk unit

Currently reading:
Sourcing a stalk unit

G

George

My girlfriends lights have stopped working, and pretty sure i have narrowed it down to be the stalk unit, garage quoted £145 for the unit and £75 labour, so i'm doing it.

I'm going to try stripping it down and cleaning/repairing the current one, but if that doesnt work, does any body know where i can get one from, and for how much

Many Thanks
George

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Brava-ELX-Indicator-Light-Washer-Wiper-Stalks_W0QQitemZ370068240013QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370068240013&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
should be suitable?
otherwise, expect to pay 5-10 quid from a scrapyard.

ecion_bravo_sig.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
you can get stalks for £20 at a breakers yard. New ones are extortionate. Price you've been quoted sounds about right believe it or not. A word of advice though. Make sure you disconnect the battery a few hours (or the night before) you start the project. And once you start the change, do NOT go near the car with the key, or you'll trip the airbag fault light and need a diagnostic machine to reset it. Also, keep clear of the airbag when you first reconnect it, and also when you put the ignition on for the first time (i stood outside the car and did it though an open window, lol) Just in case ;)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Cheers for all your help guys, disconnected the battery last nite, took 20mins to change it all over, and now all is working fine.

Cheers
George

nice one. We shoulda asked you to take pics and write up a guide. I presume her lights are working properly now then.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8