Sorry, red and blue keys again

Currently reading:
Sorry, red and blue keys again

A

Anonymous

Hi all

I'm new to the forum but have read back through all the various threads on red and blue keys.

I've just got a 2001 Brava. I've only got the red key. From what I've read, I can get new blue keys from Fiat or I can go to a locksmith and get them cut, or I can get blue blanks and re-code them myself (following instructions elsewhere on the forum).

Getting them from Fiat is expensive.

Getting them from a locksmith may mean that they just clone my red key therefore giving me more copies of the red key.

Getting the blanks (eg online) and re-coding them myself seems to be the best option (although not the easiest).

I suppose my question is, if I go to a locksmith and they just clone the red key, does it matter? I will still have a spare key and fairly easily and cheaply. Or is this bad for the car in some way? I suppose I don't really understand the reason for there being red and blue keys in the first place!

Sorry for bringing this whole key thing up again, but it's all new to me and I would really appreciate any help people can give me.

I have several brand new, genuine fiat blue remote keys which are uncut. They can be coded into your car using the red key. They also come with 4 digit alarm codes.

Banner08.jpg

FOR SALE :
ePER 48 Edition DVD 2009 / Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual / Fiat Bravo & Fiat Coupe Workshop Manuals and Fiat Bravo Owners Manual in Electronic Format.

Thanks Joske. My original key is not for remote control though, I just have mechanical central locking - so not sure if they would be compatible?

joske, are u selling the blue remote uncut keys or not?

also where did you get them from and where is best place to go get them re-coded??

Kris

Yeah i'm selling the remote keys. I got them new from Fiat. You can get them coded to the immob using your red key or you can put a chip in it thats already coded to the car. The alarm remotes can be added to your car alarm too. Infact datarecall can put new coded immob chips in it for you if you don't have a red key and even code it to your alarm.

Banner08.jpg

FOR SALE :
ePER 48 Edition DVD 2009 / Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual / Fiat Bravo & Fiat Coupe Workshop Manuals and Fiat Bravo Owners Manual in Electronic Format.

Here are the keys I have available, any will work with your car. Link

Banner08.jpg

FOR SALE :