Sooooo tempted!

Currently reading:
Sooooo tempted!

On Friday I was waiting at some traffic lights on a busy road in Manchester (Hyde Road Beard). Whilst I was waiting for the lights to change at the front of the queue, a police van came across the junction, driven by a WPC. Friday was a warm afternoon, so she had the window down, so I could clearly see the extra large styrofoam drink, complete with straw that she had in her right hand as she drove across the junction.I wonder how she changed gear?
She pullied in just up the road, so I was so tempted to go after her and ask if she had seen me driving one-handed in such an obvious manner, what would she have done?
Common sense took over, so I did nowt!
Any thoughts?

On Friday I was waiting at some traffic lights on a busy road in Manchester (Hyde Road Beard). Whilst I was waiting for the lights to change at the front of the queue, a police van came across the junction, driven by a WPC. Friday was a warm afternoon, so she had the window down, so I could clearly see the extra large styrofoam drink, complete with straw that she had in her right hand as she drove across the junction.I wonder how she changed gear?
She pullied in just up the road, so I was so tempted to go after her and ask if she had seen me driving one-handed in such an obvious manner, what would she have done?
Common sense took over, so I did nowt!
Any thoughts?
There's no excuse for holding a drink while driving. The offence would be failing to maintain proper control of a motor vehicle (I think that's what it's called) and as far as I'm aware, being in control of a motor vehicle applies to any time you are in a vehicle with the key in the ignition. Transits have nice big cup holders so there's no reason to hold it. Officers' driving has come under some scrutiny within the Force in recent months and I don't think that what you describe could be considered good driving.

There was nothing to prevent you making a note (as long as you weren't driving at the time) of the fleet number of the van and reporting the incident.
Even if she wasn't disciplined, the complaint would have remained on her record for a while and might have shocked her out of her complacency.

van might have been an auto
I think there is a "Speedgear" type transmission but GMP don't use them.

My car's an auto as well. I will use that excuse if I ever get pulled over for driving whilst drinking a coffee!
Wouldn't use that one, it won't work. Wasn't a woman prosecuted for eating an apple while sitting at traffic lights?

Would she have done anything? Thought PCSO's are powerless like that :confused:
What's a PCSO got to do with it?

Last edited:
Back