500 Soon to be owner... what is a good deal?

Currently reading:
500 Soon to be owner... what is a good deal?

KathMac

I am about to commit to a spanking brand new 500 Lounge 0.9 twinair in Volare with tan leather interior over the next few days. :) Are there any wise members out there who can advice what a girl be aiming for in her bargaing with the dealerships?

So far managed them get them to knock off the price of the Volare blue paint (£270 I think). Should I be expecting/pushing for more?!

Will be purchasing on finance.

Thank you all!

Kath

I am about to commit to a spanking brand new 500 Lounge 0.9 twinair in Volare with tan leather interior over the next few days. :) Are there any wise members out there who can advice what a girl be aiming for in her bargaing with the dealerships?

So far managed them get them to knock off the price of the Volare blue paint (£270 I think). Should I be expecting/pushing for more?!

Will be purchasing on finance.

Thank you all!

Kath

You should be able to do better than that.

Fiat Supasaver are offering £1000 off a TA Lounge here.

Not sure what presently available discounts are available. However, you should be aiming for a lot more. I have never paid anywhere near list price for any car I have bought. Usually at least 1K, got nearly 2K off our Twinair in May of last year. Granted it was pre-reg.(only 8 miles on clock). Maybe someone who has recently purchased will be able top give you better advice. My last two brand new Grande Punto Sporting Multijets both came brand new with 3K off list price.
Two things in your favour at this time of year. Dealers are very keen to get record sales and you are taking finance, they make good money on finance deals.

Last edited:
Yes, you should get a lot more off than £270.
Shop around a bit.
I bought my TA pre reg, 4 miles on the odometer, £2700 off list price!
There are usually a lot if dealers advertising pre reg on Auto Trader.
Doubt you'll get the exact options you are losing for tho... Depends on how decided on the spec you are.
Let us know how you get on : )

Thanks all, sounds interesting, getting the impression that there are much better deals on pre reg. I definitely need a factory order though; heart set on the volare blue and the leather interior is a must with sticky chidren! Should I aim for £500 off list? £1k? Thank you all very much!

Go for the max you can get, then compare with another dealer or...
I've used broker4cars on two occasions and they were cheapest by a mile and you get to deal directly with the supplying dealer and finance co once you have placed your order and paid the £2-300 fee.
I was skeptical at first but they checked out fine and I was very satisfied with their service on both occasions.
Don't bother with their website for quotes as you need to hive the option spec, give them a call and get a quote for exactly what you want.
Then you can always go back to dealer to see if they can beat it, but I'll bet they can't : )

Just checked my invoice. Got £2670 off list price on my pre-reg., included body coloured side rubbing strips with 500 logo.
So go haggle.

Last edited:
There is 0% discount on a built to order 500 or 500L the stuff they can knock of is the extras, a pre registered one "with delivery miles" is basically a pre reg'd demonstrator.
Unless its end of quarter and they are trying to hit quoter then they might take a loss to boost figures,
But even Fiat staff get 0% discount, keeps resale value high.

The finance on the other side is totally barterable! Get them knocked down to 0% :D

Last edited:
Fiat staff do actually get a discount.....

What on 500's?
I though they only get the Package discount which is £2000 towards goodies, or there is a fiddle with uprating the car you wanted originally to the next spec above using the £2000, but things get complicated. :confused:

There is 0% discount on a built to order 500 or 500L the stuff they can knock of is the extras, a pre registered one "with delivery miles" is basically a pre reg'd demonstrator.
Unless its end of quarter and they are trying to hit quoter then they might take a loss to boost figures,
But even Fiat staff get 0% discount, keeps resale value high.

The finance on the other side is totally barterable! Get them knocked down to 0% :D

Yes there is. I got £800 discount on a built to order 500 just over a year ago. You just need to shop around.

I was given a 'friends and family' voucher from one of the salesmen, they gave me £300 for my part ex and just over £1500 with the voucher. Don't know how I swindled that one though :)

Kath if you do go for one I hope you don't have any problems with yours. They are a gorgeous little car to look at.

Because it's not right to go into a thread where someone is talking about buying a 500 and needlessly scaremongering because of their experience of one single car.

Or even one single dealership.

And you know what, I'll bet many folks sign up for a 500 on a 3yr PCP, enjoy it for the duration & are pleased to find they've a surplus to put towards their next car at the end of the agreement. We usually don't get to hear about their experiences because (car enthusiasts excepted), most folks don't join forums to tell everyone they bought a new car they were perfectly happy with, ran it for three years & traded it in for a good price.

Let's get back on topic & find the OP a good discount so she can tell everyone she got a great deal as well as a great car.

Last edited:
I was given a 'friends and family' voucher from one of the salesmen, they gave me £300 for my part ex and just over £1500 with the voucher. Don't know how I swindled that one though :)

Did you go in a low cut top short dress and smile sweetly? Rofl ;)

know my sister got offered all sorts of discounts at service time till she started ringing me to clarify

Last edited:
Did I really have to delete 50 posts because a fight broke out about dodgy tracking in one car, meaning all 500s are crap and cheap??? :confused:

This thread is to talk about potential discounts on new factory order 500s.

Well done venters, good to see you are on the ball ; )

Hi all. Thanks for all your fab tips and advice. I've been offline for a few days due to home broadband technical issues, so appear to have missed some excitement on the post!

Anyhow, I shopped around, playing off the nearest 5 dealerships against each other, and managed to get £670 off the original price I was quoted (free paint, free side rubbing strips, free mats, better finance deal and better part exchange offer).

Andy Monty - of course I wore a short dress and smiled sweetly, but the best deal came from a sales woman in the end!

I also got £1250 off for being an NHS employee - there are some benefits!

Thank you all. Off to start my next post now about towing....! :)

Back