General Soon to be 100HP Owner

Currently reading:
General Soon to be 100HP Owner

Dalespitfire

Hi guys,

Been loitering around for a while reading posts and I've finally decided to take the plunge and get myself a 100HP (y)

Its an 08 Plate New Orleans Blue, and I should pick it up on 1st November (chuffing private plate transfer holding it up!).

I test drove the car on Saturday and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

I'd expected the ride to be ridiculously harsh and bordering on uncomfortable - which it wasnt at all - firm, yes, but more than acceptable for me.

I expected rattles and cheap plastics, but none of it - no annoying noises and the car seems surprisingly well made.

All in all its a little smasher, and the reviews I've read all seem to be on the money - its a nippy little fun thing and for the money you'd need to go a long way to beat it.

I've already got myself some silvervision indicators and some Osram Nightbreakers, along with a set of GP Abarth badges (excuse is that red badges look odd against the blue, and blue badges look lost!).

Going forwards I'll be looking to an exhuast (hopefully twin exit), and maybe going for some white wheels (maybe).

Anyway, I've rambled enough....I'll be back when I've got it!

hi and welcome, nice choice of car!

is your username an indication to another car you own?

Well spotted! Its a 1967 Mk3....now thats a reality check when you start to think your 40 years younger car is a bit harsh to drive:D

Congrats on joining the 100HP crew, don't forget to put some pics up when you get it (y)

Cheers for the welcomes guys.

Already had a shedload of replacement bulbs and some GP Abarth badges delivered so tentative modding has started before the car has even arrived!:D

Just looking forwards to getting her now!

Back