Sony Walkman software on Vista

Currently reading:
Sony Walkman software on Vista

Alleycat

Project Franco
I have a Sony Walkman, not sure what it's called but it's purple, i'm sure you can imagine which one i'm talking about lol :)
Anyways, to get songs onto it I have to convert them to 'ATRAC' using SonicStage software by Sony, and when I tried to use it on my new Vista laptop it didn't want to play. Got the program installed alright etc. etc. but when it came to actually getting songs onto the playlist it came up with an error message saying something about how I needed to be computer admin??
It works fine on XP, it'd just be a lot easier if I could get it to work on my laptop :(
Same error message has appeared once before, I think maybe it was when trying to set up a wireless connection.:confused:

Sorry i'm being a bit vague about this, I don't know much when it comes to this sort of thing with computers even though I worked for Symantec for two years, just wondering if anyone knows what i'm talking about and if so, what do I need to do? :p

Thanks in advance,
Becky

sounds like the same problem people have when using the sony walkman mobile phone software. as far as i know there is no fix for it yet.

I have a Sony Walkman, not sure what it's called but it's purple, i'm sure you can imagine which one i'm talking about lol :)
Anyways, to get songs onto it I have to convert them to 'ATRAC' using SonicStage software by Sony, and when I tried to use it on my new Vista laptop it didn't want to play. Got the program installed alright etc. etc. but when it came to actually getting songs onto the playlist it came up with an error message saying something about how I needed to be computer admin??
It works fine on XP, it'd just be a lot easier if I could get it to work on my laptop :(
Same error message has appeared once before, I think maybe it was when trying to set up a wireless connection.:confused:

Sorry i'm being a bit vague about this, I don't know much when it comes to this sort of thing with computers even though I worked for Symantec for two years, just wondering if anyone knows what i'm talking about and if so, what do I need to do? :p

Thanks in advance,
Becky

Right click the program in vista and click run as administrator?

Back