sony sat navs

Currently reading:
sony sat navs

nooooooo

please avoid these sat navs

i have been selling them for a long time and used most on the market and this is amongst the worst ive ever used

pricewise they are ok, not great but not a rip off, maps arents fantastic, ease of use is a nightmare, i still struggle to use them, overly complicated for what it does and whatever firmware it runs on it always seems 2 freeze up, i think all our display models are froze atm, one of the reasons we rarely use them. o and build quality is really poor, they seem to overheat and this in turn melts connections, like that to the speaker, ive seen a few silent sonys

ive only ever sold one and thats coz the customer was being an arogant :tosser:

I got one free and the only good thing I can say about it is "It Was Free" If you're really stuck, it will, like all sat navs eventually get you there, but compared to the integrated DVD version in my Honda Accord "Its Pants".

There was a problem with the clock on the first unit, a NV-U53T and I found on google that Sony would replace it with a better spec NV-U73T (with European Maps) FOC.

The 73T arrived within a couple of days but it is not easy to use. It doesn't work "straight out of the box", you need to register it online and then get an ID so you can install the safety camera POI data.

Lots of other probs so my advice would be to steer clear unless very very cheap.

Forget Sony sat navs. If you want a sat nav get one of the new Garmin Nuvi range. Probably the best sat nav on the market, and reasonable priced too.

tell me bout it. i hate people coming in with them saying "its broke!"

im like i know, but we know about sat navs and we wouldnt of sold you it. you obviously didnt listen to us and now look :p

fortuante enuf a sony centre has opened 100 yards away from our store so i may pretend 2 b interested just to see what they have 2 say about them

I've had the basic NV-U50G model for some 2 years & works fine. The major negative element for me is you can't enter a complete postcode - you have to enter part postcode & then an intersection. Only ever experienced one freeze - rectified by [power off] > [power on] & no loss of memory.

I've heard it argued that they're merely PDAs & you can re-programme with alternative software - but no personal knowledge of doing that.

i hate sony generally. theyre mp3 player is the woorrsst lol
only thing i do like is their head phones, fit my ears perfect. just the small in ear ones. big ones i get skullkandy :D

their mount for the sony sat nav is good, thats about the extend of it truthfully

Back