Sony Head Unit Help

Currently reading:
Sony Head Unit Help

blackseicento

Hi, I have a face-off Sony CDX-L580X and my dad disconnected the battery recently on my Seicento. All was fine for a few days and then I was driving along and the head unit turned itself off. Since then I cannot get the unit to work, Ive disconnected/reconnected it and pressed the reset button but all this does is bring power to the unit and the only button I can press is the OFF button, all others do not do anything. Ive tried cleaning the connectors between the face and head unit, but to no avail. I know this is a bit vague but any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance, Blacksei

My old sony flip down used to do that, i cudnt tune nything in...so i sold it! :p

The headunit sounds like its had it to me!! id buy a new one!

sorry for the negativity!

it seems like the h/u has continious power, as you have some power it

but you dont have switched power, check to see if that has come loose at the back of h/u, i think its the red wire

if that still doesnt work try connecting the red and the yellow (continious) wire together, there is provision to do this

other than this, the h/u might be buggered, as i would imagine disconnecting the battery shouldn't have any effect on it

I was afraid it might be knackered! I aint tried changing the fuse, ill give it a go tomorrow. Might not all be bad, gives me an excuse for a new head unit with audio input for my carputer! Cheers for the help!

Back