Something fun in Northwest?

Currently reading:
Something fun in Northwest?

Hi all,

Just abit of a general ask really, does anyone have any ideas of something fun to do tomorrow evening/night for me and the misses to do? Anything from roller coasters etc. We just want something really fun and different to do, and can't think of very much at the moment.

Cheers guys. P.S. - anything in the Northwest area.

Ok what about route 66 bury, you can make a day of it there. Go the cinema then go for a few games of bowling and pool. Then go and have a meal at chquitos and have a few cocktails there chilling.

Or

Ellesmereport - cheshire oaks. Shopping, cinema and the blue planet aquarium. Plenty of eating and drinking places there.

Am i along the right lines?

cheap hotels, blackpool pleasure beace then a nite out on the town :D

Have you ever been on the lash on blackpool? No offence to occupants from the forum who live there but its terrible! Unbelievably tacky and too many hen and stag parties go there and spoil it

I have been considering this, but I presummed you had to be a skier. And neither of us are, so we'd only end up going down on our arses.

But something similar to this would be great.

No you dont. they do alsorts there. Tubing where you sit on stuff and go down the slope. Its not for proper skiers. We are going to to there when we get a bit of money i havent skied in my life and would rather do the other stuff like tubing. Have a look at the website

Fancy a bit of fun? A break from skiing or snowboarding? A children’s party?

Then get your hands on one of our snow tubes and go for it! We offer two sizes so both children and adults can enjoy the rush of shooting down the slope in a rubber ring. They're safe, reliable easy to use! Just sit down and slide. They can even be hooked together for added fun.

Our breathtaking slopes are perfect for snow tubing, you'll really build up speed so hold on tight!

the luge5, 4, 3, 2, 1 you're off!

On The Luge you'll experience the rush of speed normally only experienced on a real luge track. And what a buzz it is!

Specially designed mats are provided for you to hurtle down The Luge feet first for a real rush of excitement. One thing's for sure you'll be lining up again and again for the travellator to take you back to the top.

The Luge is a great reason to visit Chill Factore plus its a real short, sharp rush of adrenalin during a break from the slopes

An Alpine village wouldn't be complete without climbers, which is why Chill Factore has its very own climbing wall.

If you're an experienced climber, our wall offers various challenges to keep you enthralled. Where as beginners, school groups and adventurous families can take to the face for the very first time safe in the knowledge that expert instructors will give them the confidence and skills they need for a real taste of one of the most exciting sporting challenges there is.

Last edited:
Cheers Sammiboo. I've just given them a ring, and they said that I would need to book (about a week in advance) so its about too short notice.

Anyone else got any recommendations?

Cheers Sammiboo. I've just given them a ring, and they said that I would need to book (about a week in advance) so its about too short notice.

Anyone else got any recommendations?

It usually always pretty packed there as still fairly new, could you get her to go-karting?

Last edited:
Give that new Indian a go at Gathurst, used to be the Navigation. The Baby Elepehant. I have been a few times now, its the best one around and only about 15 mins from you.

Have you ever been on the lash on blackpool? No offence to occupants from the forum who live there but its terrible! Unbelievably tacky and too many hen and stag parties go there and spoil it

dont need to have been, just need to walk up the prom on a saturday night. full of pissed up idiots half the time. My mate lived there all his life and hated it, went out one night there though with him, i woke up in a metro in preston and he woke up on the pier in fleetwood.

The answers have still yet to be found 8 years later

The Raj?? heard good things but never tried them. The Taste of bengal in Standish does it for me, its same guy who owns and runs the Spice Lounge.

The Raj?? heard good things but never tried them. The Taste of bengal in Standish does it for me, its same guy who owns and runs the Spice Lounge.

Get involved, well worth it! avoid like the plague on match days at home, its rammed. Friday nights is usually a good night to go, but always ring for a table, unless your an early bird.

I was going to clean the stilo after work tomorrow but its going to be cack weather so i need something to do now...... im getting the word...... ikea

Yeah I will round the lads up and give it a go...... You cant be far from me, I am at Roby Mill, top of bank brow.

I dunno, but I am sure one of my local activist neighbours will be on the case. They were sh** spreading in the fields the other day and I was asked to sign a petition to try and get it stopped.

Back