Someone help me please!!

Currently reading:
Someone help me please!!

JoeB2010

Hey, my names Joe and I joined up to solve a problem I'm having with my Fiat 500. Long story short the car went in for repairs at an insurance recomended garage for the repairs. After comming back out it asked for me to enter the radio code. Putting the code somewhere so safe I cant even remember, I was stuck.

The car ended up back in the garage because they didn't fix it properly. The end result is the radio now says RADIO BLOCKED/WAIT. Ive waited and waited while driving so I popped into where I brought the car. The head Tech guy at the garage's advice was to leave me car running for 24hrs in the hope it says enter code, then pop back give him £20, wait a few days and I'll be able to listen to music in my car again.

So im on here to see if anyone else has any better advice instead leaving my car running for 24hrs!

Thanks Joe

There is a code thread that may be of use at the top of this section. Im not sure if we can generate 500 codes though.
I believe you only need to leave the ignition on for 24 hours. Im not sure if you can reset the unit by disconnecting the battery. Somebody else may be able to confirm this.

What i dont quite understand is why it is asking for the code. As far as i am aware the units are coded to the cars can bus system so only require a manual input if its not original to that particular car.

Also this should only happen if the code has been entered a number of times incorrectly. Was this you or the garage. If it was the garage then go tell them to give you a courtesy car and sort it for free.

Back