Some nice person tried to run me off the road

Currently reading:
Some nice person tried to run me off the road

On the way home on the M6 last night I was overtaken by a silver Yaris (couldn't make out numberplate as it was filthy or they would have been reported), who then decided to slow right up in the fast lane. I carried on at the same speed, pulled into the fast lane, hoping he would notice and move over for me to overtake. After some time he didn't so I flashed lights once, still didn't. I moved over to undertake (motorway was pretty quiet), so he sped up, so did I etc. As I was pulling up alongside him, he drifted across in front of me and slammed the brakes on, at which point I had to swerve into the (luckily empy at this point) slow lane to avoid him. Another heart in mouth moment, so I backed right off, down to about 50 to recover. Why do tosspots do this?!? He could have fecking killed me :bang: :mad:

I hope you are OK after last night. I have heard of people doing stupid things like this before. Shame about the number plate been filthy.

Some pump handle nearly ran me off the road this week, coming off the motorway onto the slip road right at the very last minute. I beeped my horn at him (which is a joke in the Sei!) then the cheeky "couldn't" gave my the finger on the roundabout. This promplty sent me into a rage, but I was in the wrong lane to do anything about it :mad:

Some gimp tried to run me off the road when i was coming back from Daves...

Dual carriageway.. i was doing 80 in the fast lane :)o) and some twunk in a cavaliar behind me was flashing their lights, so i pulled into the slow lane to let them pass... as they passed they swerved into my lane :eek: then laughed at me... (n)

yep... feelin your pain helz, got cut up by a white van this mornin, granted i was goin a bit quick (late for work)

i seriously think (in a cento anyway) that people generally misjudge the speed of it... numerous times ive had people pull into my lane forcing me to brake hard, had a guy in a rover try to get into the same lane as i was right next to him yesterday as well!!!

proper pisses me off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

aye, had the same things happen over last few days. Bloody good fun having a cento with a bit more grunt now. The look on peoples faces when they move out of ur way, and then u take off past them :D

I hate it when that happens...

I was driving home down the dual carriageway a couple of years ago and pulled into the fast lane to overtake. It was then that the prat driving the car I was overtaking sped up to match my speed and wouldn't let me pull back into the slow lane. I tried slowing down and he slowed down. Sped up again and he sped up. He kept me alongside for at least 4-5 miles and I nearly missed my turn for my town... Wasn't a happy bunny when I got home... (n)

It probably doesn't matter what car you drive (I was in my old very basic Polo at the time) - there's always a prat out there somewhere...

Wee Smurf said:
I hate it when that happens...

I was driving home down the dual carriageway a couple of years ago and pulled into the fast lane to overtake. It was then that the prat driving the car I was overtaking sped up to match my speed and wouldn't let me pull back into the slow lane. I tried slowing down and he slowed down. Sped up again and he sped up. He kept me alongside for at least 4-5 miles and I nearly missed my turn for my town... Wasn't a happy bunny when I got home... (n)

It probably doesn't matter what car you drive (I was in my old very basic Polo at the time) - there's always a prat out there somewhere...

That was probably me. :p

Doubt it... It wasn't the Knock dual carriageway!

Saw white panda yesterday evening on Annadale Avenue... Possibly a different one... Didn't get a good look though as I met it on the corner...

Back