General some idiot cracked my side skirt!!

Currently reading:
General some idiot cracked my side skirt!!

mrchelsea

Hey guys

Another entry in the developing stilo saga!! Some idiot has cracked my side skirt!! :mad: Parked it up came back and at the bottom of the skirt on the right hand side was a v shaped crack its about 7 inches long at the top and 3 at the bottom. I think it was from a bike because it is at the height of a pedal!! I tried fixing it with araldite but because it is on a curve the crack wont hold in place to bond..

Seriously not impressed have just given it a quick touch up with body colour scratch paint (i had for bonnet chips) to cover the black plastic exposed only a temporary measure though!! :confused:

Dealership have quoted me 140 for a new skirt :bang: If anyone can recommend how to fix this i would be most appreciative!! If neccesary will upload a picture?

Any help guys??!!

Plastic weld with hot air or gas ( some gas solder irons
have a hot air nozzle, use plastic welding rod do searches
for plastic welding on the net) rub down and filler repair
then respray. Chips away will do it for you but will
cost around £100 plus Vat. Small back street repair
shop may do it cheaper.

John

Thanks for all the input guys!! the plastic welding sounds like an option will give that a go, just wondering about the respray after??

I think im more annoyed that the idiot who cracked it did not own up than anything else!! :bang:

I think im more annoyed that the idiot who cracked it did not own up than anything else!! :bang:

Unfortunatley thats the way of life these days, If it was a peddle
cyclist it's a wonder you didn't get a bill for damage or injury,

New law puts the driver of a vehicle responsible for any damages
irrespective of the cyclist causing the incident.
The law is very kind to cyclists. Legislation introduced last
year means that even if you were partly to blame for the accident,
they may still be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries.

John

Back