Some advice please!

Currently reading:
Some advice please!

jdillon

Ok guys, need some advice.

Bought a Fiat Brava about 2 months ago. About a week after I bought it the airbag light came on. After much running about a garage has said that the ACU, Wiring and Clock spring needs to be replaced (this is a second opinion). Cost of this will be something like £400 +VAT and Labour.

The car is still under warranty, but obviously the garage I bought the car from is not too keen to pay up because it would affectively mean they made no profit on the sale. If push comes to shove, do they have to pay?

Throw the warranty at them, if this fails contact your local CAB office for some advice, approach Trading Standards and let the Dealership know that you're doing all this, they'll usually get their bums in gear.

What's their problem? The warranty is normally underwritten by an insurer, unless they have rode their luck and not bothered paying the miniscule premium, check your paperwork matey!

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

Air bag light may just need reseting see here..
https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8785&SearchTerms=,air,bag

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Back