some advice on a seicento...

Currently reading:
some advice on a seicento...

lineo444

hey all, i currently own a punto 2b 1.2 8v and its slow as hell i like it but im not happy with it... at the moment i seem to have a craze for yellow cars and i have the oppertunity to buy a yellow seicento shumaker 51 reg. that looks ace.. can any body tell me how much quicker it would be compared to the punto.. im not looking for anything megga fast but i want something that its yellow and low insurance but also looks mint. is it worth saving a bit of money and going for this seicento or should i stick to my punto bare in mind its and 04 which i like becasue its newer..

just need some advice. thanks

They'd be more or less the same TBH - Sei Schumacher has less power, but less weight, but the Punto has more of both..............I would try out the Sei and see how it feels compared to the Punto (y)

I agree about going for a test drive but I think the punto is in the same insurance group as the sei as well (group 3) maybe in a group less if its the base, so in an insurance sense you wouldnt be saving very much at all.

Fuel econmony will also be similar so again very little difference to what you have.

well looking at wot i have infront of me(mag details)-
98-03 sei sportin 54bhp 63lbft 735kg 75bhp/ton 13.8 0-60 45.6mpg 3ins
03-06 pun sportin99bhp 94lbft 960kg 105bhp/ton 9.4 0-60 42.8mpg 7ins
98-03 pun sportin80bhp 84lbft 930kg 88bhp/ton 10.9 0-60 47.1mpg 7ins

well lookin at it i know its a pun sport 12v so take off mayb 20hp or go more off the older pun but keep the weight of the new one.sei shui will have 10hp more at most so im guessin that theres not much in it but if its straight line speed id poss go for the pun but if its twisty id pick the sei to be honest.
Hope that be of help. :eek:

styles said:
well looking at wot i have infront of me(mag details)-
98-03 sei sportin 54bhp 63lbft 735kg 75bhp/ton 13.8 0-60 45.6mpg 3ins
03-06 pun sportin99bhp 94lbft 960kg 105bhp/ton 9.4 0-60 42.8mpg 7ins
98-03 pun sportin80bhp 84lbft 930kg 88bhp/ton 10.9 0-60 47.1mpg 7ins

well lookin at it i know its a pun sport 12v so take off mayb 20hp or go more off the older pun but keep the weight of the new one.sei shui will have 10hp more at most so im guessin that theres not much in it but if its straight line speed id poss go for the pun but if its twisty id pick the sei to be honest.
Hope that be of help. :eek:

Wrong!

Schumi sei has 54bhp as standard there was no upgrade in BHP throughout the sei sporting range so unsure where you get the 10bhp increase from

The one the person currently has is a punto 1.2 8v which i believe is one of the base models so the punto sporting info, although good, i believe is totally irrelevent here :) as the person is not interested in a punto sporting anyway

Yeah, the Sei Schumacher has the 54bhp 1108, the same as any other 1108 Cento or Punto

AppleSei said:
Wrong!

Schumi sei has 54bhp as standard there was no upgrade in BHP throughout the sei sporting range so unsure where you get the 10bhp increase from

The one the person currently has is a punto 1.2 8v which i believe is one of the base models so the punto sporting info, although good, i believe is totally irrelevent here :) as the person is not interested in a punto sporting anyway

Sorry First part i deleted MAY HAVE infront of 10 bhp by accident even so i did quote 54 as mag sez.
To put the other part right i did say With wot i have infront of me:eek: .
Also Sporting are 12v which got about 20hp more(which i did mention)so its easy to work it out roughly the difference is.I put the older version in as a idea of power as newer versions tend to have more power than the older model,also as general referance.

Last edited:
Back