So you think youre obese?

Currently reading:
So you think youre obese?

:chin: Just thought id remind you people that if you enjoy unusual programmes, watch "The half tonne man" tonight. (ch4 i think).:eek:
And some of you people think you need to go on a diet? Get a load of this guy, maccy d will never go out of business while theres people around like this.:yeahthat:
Last time i saw something this size Greenpeace were trying to put it back in the sea!(y)

I was going to enjoy and laugh at this, then I saw him, he's mentally ill and I don't take pleasure out of mentally ill people :(

MATT 68 said:
:chin: Just thought id remind you people that if you enjoy unusual programmes, watch "The half tonne man" tonight. (ch4 i think).:eek:
And some of you people think you need to go on a diet? Get a load of this guy, maccy d will never go out of business while theres people around like this.:yeahthat:
Last time i saw something this size Greenpeace were trying to put it back in the sea!(y)

pmsl... might watch it but on the whole I really don't like looking at fat people although it's one of those things that both disturbs and fascinates...

The Negotiator said:
I was going to enjoy and laugh at this, then I saw him, he's mentally ill and I don't take pleasure out of mentally ill people :(

Surely he's have carers then? They should be done for cruelty or something...

On at 9pm today on channel 4...hmmmm Life on mars is on at the same time :bang:

KirstyTL said:

I haven't (and won't) watch the program - life on mars is too good, but then again I could record one at once the other on my computer, hmm! However, clearly anybody who can eat themselves to 500kg is mentally ill in some form and laughing at such a person is quite sad IMO.

i do feel sorry for ppl like that food to them is like a drug, there addicted, altho i can be fattest coz there nothin worse than peircing a fat person belly button when ya cant even find it :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
xxx

KirstyTL said:

About 6 of em i think,...... just to roll him over:eek: !
Oh and by the way negotiator, are you sure hes mental? i havent heard that and im totally unaware of it.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
The Negotiator said:
I am basing mental illness of his size.

IMO it depends on y he got to this size in the first place.

it could be done to a hormone problem, which regulates when he feels full, if that doesnt happen, then he will eat and eat and eat and never get full, constantly streching his stomach and gettin to this size.

however, as alaina said, it could just be that he has gotten addicted to food, like a druggie gets addicted, they cant stop, even when they kno it will kill them..... doesnt mean that they have any mental problems tho, just means that they have something in their system that their brain tells them they cannot live without.

MATT 68 said:
About 6 of em i think,...... just to roll him over:eek: !
Oh and by the way negotiator, are you sure hes mental? i havent heard that and im totally unaware of it.:(

Paul is right. The guy is mentally ill. Addiction is classified as a mental illness, much like gambling and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) are for instance.

Laughing at someone who is mentally ill is a lame thing to do imo. No different to laughing at someone who is physically handicapped.

I agree with Kirsty though, that the saddest thing is that people (carers?) continued to feed this mans addiction. They are the ones who should be ridiculed for not doing something earlier.

I'll be watching it and learning about his condition (I have to cover mental illnesses as well as physiological illnesses in my degree). I'm also hoping that the man gets the help that he really needs and it might have a happy ending...

Last edited by a moderator:
It will provide a good opportunity for making myself feel less guilty about barely being able to squish myself into size 10 jeans this morning :eek: Am I mentally ill for not being able to stop myself? Those of you who know me might think so :D

1986Uno45S said:
Paul is right. The guy is mentally ill. Addiction is classified as a mental illness, much like gambling and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) are for instance.

Laughing at someone who is mentally ill is a lame thing to do imo. No different to laughing at someone who is physically handicapped.

I agree with Kirsty though, that the saddest thing is that people (carers?) continued to feed this mans addiction. They are the ones who should be ridiculed for not doing something earlier.

I'll be watching it and learning about his condition (I have to cover mental illnesses as well as physiological illnesses in my degree). I'm also hoping that the man gets the help that he really needs and it might have a happy ending...

:yeahthat:

Nothing funny about it.

Missed this :( but anyone ever see that Jerry Springer where that fat guy couldn't even move and had to be lifted out of his house (after first pulling the wall down to get a crane in)? Now that WAS funny! :D His own fault too, no mental illness for this one, just a greedy, lazy git...

JonnyBoy said:
Missed this :( but anyone ever see that Jerry Springer where that fat guy couldn't even move and had to be lifted out of his house (after first pulling the wall down to get a crane in)? Now that WAS funny! :D His own fault too, no mental illness for this one, just a greedy, lazy git...

The Negotiator said:
clearly anybody who can eat themselves to 500kg is mentally ill in some form and laughing at such a person is quite sad IMO.
:devil:

Back