General So where do you all buy your parts from then?

Currently reading:
General So where do you all buy your parts from then?

So as the passion for these little cars gets deeper the jobs and the expense grows too.....

So where does everyone source their parts from? Who's good who's bad? (please don't turn this into a slagging match though! It's a positive thread!)

As in other cases of part suppliers it maybe that different suppliers excel in certain genre's of parts?....

To date I've bought a mixed bag of parts from Van Der Laan and Ricambio….

Both seemed ok but I have nothing really to cost comparison against really (other than each other of course). Surprised how quick the parts got here from Holland though.

Cheers

Rob

I get a lot of my 'Fiat 500' (as against tuning parts) from Mark Jayes at 'Motobambino'. Mark is based just outside Carnforth, very helpful,and very knowledgeable with regard to the 500. He also restores 500s. If you want to contact him, feel free to use my name as a reference---one of the nicest guys i have dealt with.
There are a number of Continental suppliers who also give good service---I will e-mail you with a list.

I had great experiences with passione500
I was pretty clueless about what would and wouldn’t fit across a wide riange of parts and Adrienne was superb. Very patient and enthusiastic.
Also had one part arrive broken and he sent out a replacement free of charge instantly no questions asked

I also found that shipping was very reasonable

I tend to look in dark corners of long forgotten garages...
However for new repro stuff... i know Andrea at Passione 500 and he is always commissioning parts to be remade... many other sellers will seem to have these parts before him... it s only because he updates his website 4 times year...
anything new I d tend to buy from Passione 500 simply because I get an extra discount...

Obviously Ebay.it and other sites are a good source...
but believe it or not for Early cars the USA can be a good source as Fiat shipped cars and spares there in the late 50s early 60s... but as the 500 didn't take off those spares ended up.... who knows where...
I have been able to buy a few NOS rare parts there that actually cost less than the shipping... so sometimes searching by part number can prove useful...
(I have even brought NOS parts from Italy from under the noses of the locals....)
I buy from almost any country when looking for something specific...
If it is not reproduced you have to put on a deer stalker and smoke a pipe..

So I have now given away my secrets.... all you need are Factory parts books with the part numbers... Google translate for multiple language translations...
and you are away...

I get most of the parts I need from my shed, loft, garage or under my bed. Just got too many parts :)

Is it you that is prowling round my place in the early hours then....I thought it was just the rats.....

I regularly use Axel Gerstl as the shipping to Australia is very reasonable.

They calculate the cost after you order and send you a quote before processing payment rather than adding a shipping cost on individual items.

I can assure you, David (Toshi) is not joking as to where he 'finds' his parts!

Yes but as I get older I find it more difficult to find my parts ;)
Because of my memory of course :)
Awhile ago the plastic sunroof catch broke on my car. To be safe I ordered the more expensive metal one. Shortly after whilst looking for another part I discovered that I already had two new ones in my garage :bang:
But seriously I do have a lot of bits here from rusty used stuff to treasures that seem to glow in the dark!
If I do not need a part then it is up for sale.

Some of my parts come from the same place. ;) :D ie. from under Dave's bed, which I think must be in his in his garage too. :)

Well I was lying on my garage floor recently. I was not sleepy but had just tripped over something in the chaos trying to find a small gasket for a guy from this forum. Had just had my 3rd round of heart surgery so had a struggle to get up. Family now ordered me to get a new mobile phone to replace the one I bought for $25 in Sydney airport about 14 years ago so I can now make emergency calls :)

Well I was lying on my garage floor recently. I was not sleepy but had just tripped over something in the chaos trying to find a small gasket for a guy from this forum. Had just had my 3rd round of heart surgery so had a struggle to get up. Family now ordered me to get a new mobile phone to replace the one I bought for $25 in Sydney airport about 14 years ago so I can now make emergency calls :)

You need to take care then mate ?

Dave could definitely fix his own pump-valves if it wasn't for the fact that he has to be asleep whilst the work is being done.

But I agree...reduce the workload and do more pootling about in your cars Mr. Toshi. :)

I agree, and I hope it wasn’t me he was looking for the gaskets for!....

Back