Hello!

This is basically the same as Daves version, only with some pics to show you how hard a seemingly easy job is.

Ok so first rule is DO IT SLOWLY!! you'll regret it if you dont, pulling off the plastic slowly somehow allows the rubber to peel off the car rather than the plastic, which in the long run WILL save you time, a bucket of hot soapy water helps aswell, i found if you poured it on the car above the rubber it kind of lubricates the adhesive.

So lets assume your stupid, like i was, and you've ripped off the plastic without really caring that much, or, that however slowly you do it it still leaves rubber like below.
DSC00758.JPG

this sucks, and the best way of getting this off is a credit card or something similar, i found (in my dads shed) what looked to me like a plastic chisel, so i used that for the duration, you may not be so lucky, a credit card will do fine, but i'd use an old membership card as if it breaks your not going to be that bothered.

pretty self explanitory how you use it, simply scrape along the rubber, again short sharp bursts of power seem to work better than contanly scraping the whole length.

this is what you are left with,
DSC00762.JPG
2 mm thick rubber, more like just the adhesive, this is when you start bringing out the big guns, i used petrol from my dads lawn mower, only need a mug full, i made experimented with mixtures, i found that a mix of petrol, fairy and brush cleaner was best as this made a paste like bubbly mixture that when applied didn't drip as much.

DSC00760.JPG

depending on how retarded you are and how quickly you pulled off the plasic bumpers, scraping this stuff off can take from 30 mins to 3 hours.

it took me 3hours 30mins.

remember to t-cut after aswell!

Hope this helps.

oh and just something else to warn you about, i got dinged by some woman in her picasso... grrr... :bang:

Good luck de plasticing!!(y)

Owen

DSC00757.JPG