Technical smoke??

Currently reading:
Technical smoke??

shelton

:bang: i have noticed when i put my foot down i get white smoke but my car has only done 52k :mad: also have a oil leak from left of sump can anyone plz help????

Is it smoke or is it Steam? Is it comming out of the exhaust pipe? I'm thinking head gasket here.

Are there any other noticable problems.. such as a hesetation etc..?

The only other source of smoke as far as I'm aware (apart from oil leaks on hot engine etc...) are Piston rings... but you'd have thought at 52k you'd not have scored cylinders/cracked rings...

Somebody will probably correct me on the above... but thats OK, I'm usually never right :)

Is the oil leak comming from the sump plug... if not it could be a crankshaft oil seal...

thanks guys it was my gf who told me today she was driving behind me,not steam,white smoke when i boot it:( does nt smoke when in rev it or on tick over

really worried thinking about getting rid if its bad,no water loss tho,oh n oil is on the left facing the sump so not sump plug.

Probably your turbo on it's way out. I get quite a bit of smoke when I boot it too. It's more likely than not your oil seals that have gone, which isn't the end of the world. Just keep tabs to see if it gets worse.

Back