Technical Smoke/Steam coming out

Currently reading:
Technical Smoke/Steam coming out

Hey,

I have noticed that when I drive at above 50mph for around 20min plus, there seems to be alot of steam/smoke coming out from drivers side light. I have been told this is just because of it being really cold but something I have found makes a tiny bit of diffrence is if my twin subs are on...

Do I have anything to worry about?

Jamie

i had the same problem with mine i could only see it on a night when my headlights were on i cant see your subs making much diference ive got 2 12inch 1200watt sony and a 12inch 1200watt jbl in the bk of mine all they will do is strain the alternator and if theres no rubber smell it aint that m8. the only thing i could think when mine was doin it was that the rads right there under the light so i prsumed it was just that getting hot. dont no if thats any help 4 you

i had the same problem with mine i could only see it on a night when my headlights were on i cant see your subs making much diference ive got 2 12inch 1200watt sony and a 12inch 1200watt jbl in the bk of mine all they will do is strain the alternator and if theres no rubber smell it aint that m8. the only thing i could think when mine was doin it was that the rads right there under the light so i prsumed it was just that getting hot. dont no if thats any help 4 you

You have got a 16v engine in that same car now with all that gear?

My god all that weight must be slowing you down :D.

Thanks

Hey,

I have noticed that when I drive at above 50mph for around 20min plus, there seems to be alot of steam/smoke coming out from drivers side light. I have been told this is just because of it being really cold but something I have found makes a tiny bit of diffrence is if my twin subs are on...

Do I have anything to worry about?

Jamie
Hi mate look at the basics. Are you loosing Coolant.
Regards Ashley

water collects in the radiator vanes and takes forever to boil off for some reason. some rads are more succeptable than most, i think, as my original one never really did it unless i hit a big puddle but my aftermarket *pattern* one seems to do it even when theres thick fog.

almost all my driving is at night so i notice it a lot... just figured it was yet another cinq 'quirk' (like the 5mm shut-lines, gangster tilt, fuel light illumination when you corner hard on half a tank, the chronic understeer etc etc etc)

Back