General Small Running prob & look at my new car!

Currently reading:
General Small Running prob & look at my new car!

dejay72

Hi,

Pick this up last week, best £800 notes ever (I'm an ebay chancer), no rust anywhere, except a little bit on doors. Can't stop driving it! I owned an '84 model back in '92, which i found in a field but was all but condemned by the mot guy, very, very rusty. I had a good year out of it though. Took me all this time to get another, but so glad i have. I can see why owners love them.

Anyhow, she's not running as sweetly as i hoped. Got me back from milton keynes to cornwall (just, it was full throttle or nothing). The last owner supplied a whole load of spares, of which i've fitted are the plugs & points, also blew out the jets in the carb. Doing this has made a world of difference and is now very responsive and idles well. However she wont rev over 5000rpm and when I try I lose power for a few seconds, then she picks up and runs fine again. Anybody know what might be causing this? She recently had a new fuel pump and fuel lines.

She is an '88 model, but with a leather interior like the one in my '84 VS. Is that normal? I got the sales brochure and looks like i should have alcantara, befitting an SE. I put the wheels on, if anyone is interested they are 15" Kosei rims with 185/45 toyos. Total headache fitting them, not only are they 100pcd but the offset is et38, but i couldnt/am too lazy to find better so its juggle bolts and 20mm spacers (these ones bolt to the original hub with new wheel bolt holes) Against all odds they are OK, but over 80 mph it goes waay light at the front. I have a nice set of 5 x O.Z. Route cross spoke 13" alloys to sell all with nearly new tyres, if they're worth anything. Are they?

Thanks.

Attachments

• xpic01.jpg
    xpic01.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 72
Very nice car mate.

Love the colour. Mica Red?

Looks like a gran finale model

I would be interested in your OZ rims. PM me about them

Alan

Back