General Small clear oil leak under nearside of engine

Currently reading:
General Small clear oil leak under nearside of engine

Hi

Can anyone help?

Just bought a 1995 Panda Colour, after parking it on the drive I have noticed what i originally thought was a small water leak. On closer inspection it is clear oil.
It is below the nearside of the engine...any ideas?

Thanks
Steph

Purple Ronnie said:
Thanks Steve.

I will get a Haynes manual.
In the mean time where do I check and top up the gearbox oil and which oil is best to use?

Steph, there's a hexagon plug at the front of the engine bay - bit awkward to get to. You must get the correct transmission oil (or equivalent) Fiat ZC90, I think.

If you can tomorrow, flip your bonnet (for extra light) and pop underneath to have a look at the rubber gaiters for rips. One of my gaiters was torn when I got my Panda last year and I got a garage to fit a new one for about £60 (I'm not as clever as some of the brillian mechanic types on here but I am learning!).

Last edited:
Purple Ronnie said:
Just bought a 1995 Panda Colour, after parking it on the drive I have noticed what i originally thought was a small water leak.

Mean't to say love the Colour edition of the Panda and just luuuurrrve your sun roofs.

Dead envious me - sun roof envy.

Pandarus said:
Steph, there's a hexagon plug at the front of the engine bay - bit awkward to get to. You must get the correct transmission oil (or equivalent) Fiat ZC90, I think.

If you can tomorrow, flip your bonnet (for extra light) and pop underneath to have a look at the rubber gaiters for rips. One of my gaiters was torn when I got my Panda last year and I got a garage to fit a new one for about £60 (I'm not as clever as some of the brillian mechanic types on here but I am learning!).

Thanks Martin, will look tomorrow.

Back