Technical Small body sidedraft twins (DHLB, DCOF...)

Currently reading:
Technical Small body sidedraft twins (DHLB, DCOF...)

olNick

Hi all,

While not FIAT specific, I'm looking for a sidedraft twin for a 2 cyl, 500cc motorbike.
AFAIU, Dellorto made the DHLB 32/35 as a "smaller" DHLA. Likewise for the Weber DCOF...

Is this correct? I've a DHLA and am having clearance problems in the frame, so I figure maybe one the aformentioned carbs might get around this?
Any comments?
Do I have it all wrong?

regards,
nick

Hi all,

While not FIAT specific, I'm looking for a sidedraft twin for a 2 cyl, 500cc motorbike.
AFAIU, Dellorto made the DHLB 32/35 as a "smaller" DHLA. Likewise for the Weber DCOF...

Is this correct? I've a DHLA and am having clearance problems in the frame, so I figure maybe one the aformentioned carbs might get around this?
Any comments?
Do I have it all wrong?

regards,
nick
Yes, the Dellorto DHLB is considerably smaller (and lighter) than the Weber carbs. Another alternative is a Solex 32 or 35 PHH. These were used on the Lancia Fulvia---about the same size and weight as the DHLB.

Thanx Hobber but that's kinda out of my price range there:-( Worth more than the bike at this stage.

AFAIU, the Solex PHHE jet cover is on the bottom, spilling gas w/ every jet change, correct?

More importantly, the Webers you refer to above, do you mean the DCOE or the DCOF?

Hoping the the DCOF is DHLB size, is this correct?

nick

Thanx Hobber but that's kinda out of my price range there:-( Worth more than the bike at this stage.

AFAIU, the Solex PHHE jet cover is on the bottom, spilling gas w/ every jet change, correct?

More importantly, the Webers you refer to above, do you mean the DCOE or the DCOF?

Hoping the the DCOF is DHLB size, is this correct?

nick
There is a Solex 32PHH on e-bay---333520807120, Sadly it is in Australia, but even with postage, this is cheaper than the N.O.S. "Dellorto DHLB" The DCOE is a BIG carb for a 500cc motorbike to lug around. The problem with using 'car' carbs on a bike is fuel surge---the 'car' carb is not designed to run at the angles that a bike carb is. Being that you live in Greece, do you have any friends (or contacts) in Italy? They may have a source of supply for the PHH and DHLB carbs.

Back