General slight vibration when accelerate..!!!

Currently reading:
General slight vibration when accelerate..!!!

robinhood232

Hello...

It seem last couple of weeks my punto (N reg mk1) is giving me worrying symptoms. when I start it and just test the accelaration, it vibrates the whole interior. Also many times, in lower gear when i try to speed it up, it judders (gives jerks like kangaroo jumping).:mad: And the problem of screaming noise when I move on in first gear with half clutch pressed.
sometimes it is bit tricky to put in first gear.

Is it anything to do with gearbox ?

Also can anybody tell me is there any relation with engine oil and gearbox working. Coz last time I drove with almost no engine oil and I created trouble with gearbox.
Any help will be appreciate...

Thanks

Rgds,
Himanshu :bang:

clutch release bearing will be causing the noise and maybe the flywheel is warped causing juder or could be drive shafts, wheel balencing, tracking, engine mount etc etc etc.

I 2nd agree with what lanciamad said it sounds like the clutch release bearing if so new clutch needed from the vibration and juddering whens the last time your car had a good service spark plugs,air filter ect...

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks .. Finally I came to some conclusion.

I bought this car 10 months back and since I havent done anykind of service, although I changed gearbox (from scrapyard), new head gasket and MOT (changed front shock absorbers, brake pads and rear suspension arm). It has done around 6000 mile since.

Also Could you please tell me about the relation between the gearbox and engine oil ?

Rgds,
Himanshu

Back