Technical Sliding rear seat

Currently reading:
Technical Sliding rear seat

Hi
I need to get to the petrol sender unit which means removing the sliding rear seat. According to Haynes I remove the four bolts holding the mechanism to the floor then pull back the central bracket which presumably allows the seat assembly to be lifted. However having removed the bolts the said bracket cannot be moved and seems to be still held in place so the seats cannot be lifted. Anyone know what I need to do next? Would send a photo if I knew how.
Carpeter

I have the 100HP with a split-fold rear seat. If memory serves, the centre bracket has a hidden bolt. But saying that the sliding seat may be different. ePER is on a go-slow so I can't check the details

Does your panda have a Split folding rear seat

Most don't

????

And even less have the sliding rear seat

Mine doesn't so I can't go out and check for for you

Sorry

Last edited:
Hi Koalar
It has a bench type cushion, the back rests are split and fold forward. The bench has three flaps centrally on the front face, the middle one controls the sliding mechanism, the others control the back rests. The whole thing is apparently an assembly that needs to be removed as one piece.
Carpeter

100HP Panda has a split folding rear back support but the bench base is bolted down. Some do have a sliding seat (but it's rare). The seat back looks like it should separate but mine never does. I have to take it out as a pair (with help when I can get it).

I mention the 169 Panda because I used to have a Mk2 Punto and I am constantly surprised how much they have in common.

Back