General sliding door sticks

Currently reading:
General sliding door sticks

jamx2

I wonder if anyone can advise, from time to time the sliding door will not open when I pull the handle on the outside. when this happens I open the drivers door and put my hand through the inside and open the back sliding door from inside (this never fails). Can anyone advise why this happens and what I can do to fix this occasional problem

Regards

jamx2

I take it, its a new ulysee, the exterior handle has a return spring mechanism on it and over time this becomes weak, and does return the rods in side the door back to the correct place, thus some times not allowing the door to open in simple terms. .To Fix you can take door handle off and bend spring to give more tension. A Fun Job To Do NOT Require lots of rivets and patenice

Last edited:
Theres a small modification you can do with a suitable spring...or even seen it done with a elastic band!

hi,

i would be interested in learning what trick i can use with an elastic band to assisit the opening of my sliding doors on my ulysse

thanks

my s reg does it on both side doors i find if you lean on door to make it shut a bit more mine open every time

Back