Slave Cylinder

Currently reading:
Slave Cylinder

B

Barakka

Looks like the seal on the slave cylinder has gone on my 1.6SX, pi**ing fluid on the floor etc and the clutch bite moves up and down like a yo-yo when the engine's hot.

First question... anyone hazard a guess how much the replacement slave cylinder is likely to be ?

And Second question.. anyone know if it shares the fluid resevoir for the brakes..?

TIA

Barakka

On my old Tipo (1.9TDSX) (replaced by a marea weekend) the clutch cylinder failed as well. It shared the reservoir with the brakes, but was only £29 for the part from Fiat and a doddle, but messy, to fit. You will need somebody to help bleed the air out though.

depends how u look at it

My slave cyclinder went last november on my 1.8hlx brakes were fine but i had no gear box control cos its hydrolic it cost £120 inc vat but i got a parts a labour cover from the AA bout 3 weeks before and yea my cylinder was gone when i purchased the warrenty but i did a crafty one and so only had to pay the first £25 and the AA paid the reset might be worth your while doing this as if its not that then they will cover u for 2 more repairs up to £500 each and u will only have to pay the first £25 on each if u do go for the warrenty from the AA dont tell them your car has any problems or they wont pay up when u have it fixed hope this helps

Re: depends how u look at it

Spoke to my mechanic, the original Fiat part is £26 +VAT and he reckons about 30 mins to fit.. :)

It appears it does share the fluid with the brakes as the brake fluid is getting quite low... :(

Gotta keep topping it up until it gets done on Friday then, it's fun driving when you don't know where the bite is on the clutch til you try and use it !

Barakka

Slave cylinder price

Just had the same problem.
The slave cylinder cost £28.02 and the labour to fit it was "£22.
I thought I needed a new clutch at first so I was quite relieved when they found this.

Clutch cylinder

Mine went last year, yep the part cost around £28 and wasn't too bad to fit, an extra pair of hands is a must though!! Just to let people know what to look out for, the light that comes on when you apply ur handbrake was coming on now and then, I thought it was a prob with the switch on the handbrake, until my clutch went completely limp and wouldn't engage at all!!!