Slave Clutch Cylinder

Currently reading:
Slave Clutch Cylinder

F

FixItAgainTony

I wonder if anybody can guide me on how to take out the battery's tin tray.

I have been consulting the repair guide by Sven - which is awesome so far. But the tin tray in my 1.6 SX Brava has proven that it's actually much harder to pull the darn thing out. Bolted to the tin tray is an ECD unit (on the left hand side) and a black plastic box (on the lower side) which contains bundles of wiring. I managed to detached the ECD unit but the bolt that screwed the black box and the tin tray togetgher rust so badly. So bad it hardly moved and made me thinking that may be this bolt isn't made to be undone.

Is this bolt will release the plastic box from the tin tray. Or anybody else know what I don't know?

Thanks

ps. I have a picture but I don't know exactly how to upload it together with this post.

A picture would be great, but did you try to remove the content of the box ?
If there are relays in, they can be taken out one by one ....

To put pictures up, go to
http://www.photobucket.com
open an account, upload your pictures then
copy the DIRECT link that is given to you left of the picture and past it here.
Thats it.

sven3.jpg

Members Site

Here is the picture. The plastic box is fitted on the lower side of the tin tray, but from this picture it looks like it is on the right hand side. You can see the (one) rusty bolt.

I cannot look under the box. It is because the cabling that goes into the box is too short to let me raise the tray high enough to have a look.

By the pic, its the box of relays and fuses in front of the battery, you will have to take out the screw and then unclip all of the relays and fuse holders inside to get the tray out.

sven3.jpg

Members Site