Sky SLx Link

Currently reading:
Sky SLx Link

Smegs

Hello All.

Just been given one of these, was planing on connecting it to our portable in the PC room. It already has Sky running to that room, but can't change Sky channel. So when a friend asked if I wanted a SLx Link Eye, I jumped at it.

Right, the SLx Link lights up, telling me theres power getting to it. It also blinks when I press buttons on the Sky remote. But it doesn't change the channel. We have a TV in the master bedroom with a Sky Link Eye(not SLx Link) which works perfect. So I went and discoconected that and plugged the SLx Link into that TV, there is power, and it blinks when I press buttons on the Remote, but NO change of Channel. Plug the normal Link Eye in, and I can change channels.

I have NO instructions for this thing, although looking round the internet, all I need to do is plug it in and presto.

Can anyone tell me if I need to put a code or anything in to the SLx Link please, or anything else.

Thanks.

Shaun.

the only thing i can think, is the signal split anywhere - booster box or so? I had a sky remote thingy like that and had to buy a bypass to get through the booster.

but actually, the led comes on.. so it should be working. arse. erm..not much help there

Thanks Arc.

I just don't understand why the one in the M/bedroom is working OK, then I connect the SLx Link, replacing the one in the M/Bedroom and the SLx all lights up, but dosn't change channels.:bang: :bang: :bang:

Right, taken Arc's suggestion in to account, so toke the Slx Link down stair's to the main TV, plugged it in, it light's up telling me that there's power getting to it. When I try and change channel, the Slx starts blinking but NO change of channel.

sounds like the remote does not recognise the slx. perhaps needs tuning in to code. does sky box come with instructions to to tune remotes in?:)

arc said:
i wonder if thats why it was being given away!

That's what I'm thinking. Our friends found it in the loft. Thye don't have Sky.

"sounds like the remote does not recognise the slx. perhaps needs tuning in to code. does sky box come with instructions to to tune remotes in?"

That's what I thought. But the only code's that I can find are for the one's to change for the TV's. So if anyone has Sky, and they want a code so the Sky remote should work with you TV, get in touch with me. I have loads.

I can't find any codes regarding this SLx. Unless I'm missing something.

Back