General Sky roof rattle

Currently reading:
General Sky roof rattle

Hmmm, now I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right.
I have checked and cleaned left and right "runners" that curtain is sliding along as "Argonought" is mentioning. Or what I was thinking that was! Now, I'm puzzled is "trim" that ABZSTILO is talking about the same thing? Or there is something more than small "canal" that curtain slides trough?

Did I mentioned that it started flicking at only one place (way back close to the end) and now flicks also at the middle.

Hope, I'm not too confusing... Ignore me if I'm boring with this.

another update...
if you push down the dial it clicks and kinda locks the skyroof. it completely cures the rattle, however the dial doesn't open the roof, nor does the blind move until you press the dial in again..
is this the way it's supposed to work? I don't have a users manual so completely in the dark.

ah... so when i push the dial it goes to "hard close" which means the rattle stops but the dial is inactive. To open it again you have to press it down to switch it to "soft close" again, and you get the use of the blind/dial.

is that right? does everyone else use a "hard close" when the roof is shut for a long period?

had same with a jtd, went back over 8 times. they said they could not cure it (Perrys Huddersfield) Due to other things they took the car back. Now have an Abarth that had same noise, its the workings above the rear pasingers heads slightly coming slack. Took it to Clemos in cleckheaton and they solved it with packing everything with pipe insulation so parts did not vibrate and it has cured it. You have to take all the roof lining out to do it.

Back