South Central Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.

Currently reading:
South Central Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.

Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.
Posted by grimwau
Beaulieu
Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Sorry everybody, I've had to pull out as I just found out that I will be losing my job at the end of the year. I need to save the pennies now.

Chris & Jean (n)

I'm yet to ask my +1 (or 2) whether they'd like to join me. When I know that I'll get tickets for sure. I'm up for meeting at the Green Dragon also.

Just getting ready for the holiday so probably won't get another chance to wish you all the best before jetting off. Hope you all have a great time and look forward to catching up at the next get together. (y)

;) Looking forward to meeting you all again on Sunday, I have asked Caroline to do her special sunshine dance, lets hope it works!

See you bright and early, hopefully with lots of shiny cars

Really looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. I cannot guarantee that Luigi will be clean, unless it finally stops raining!

I might be able to come after all. Will have to wait and see...

Just been catching up with this thread - we're sorry to hear about your job situation (been there myself). If things not looking up just yet, then hope they will be soonest and also that'll you'll be able to come along.

Oh yes dont worry about that he has already been told, he has to make bubble extra shiny !!! ;)

We split the chores - finally got busy with changing winters over to the alloys last bank hol weekend and thought we'd do a big spring wax too (last done in mid Oct when she was new) & get ahead of ourselves.

In the time it took Curley One (OH) to wash, dry, polish on & off and wax-on (yes, yes - straight lines, no circles) I had only just finished prepping the alloys (clean,polish, 2 coats rim sealer). The friend we're bringing (bloke) is incredulous that I'm the only woman he's ever known that gives a hoot about caring for her car. He still thinks the novelty will wear off now it's been six months (cheek!)

At this rate none of us will have to bother about cleaning before the event anyway... Regardless of the weather it'll still look good to be in a FF line-up though (glass half full and all) (...of rain) :)

I have a question!

(quoting from Grimwau) "Mark has kindly offered to arrange a picnic venue at 1.00pm (food is so expensive at Beaulieu) and afterwards go for a convoy drive back through the Forest for all those interested.

Any questions just post in this thread so that everyone can benefit from the input."

As nearly the weekend (ie picnic food shop) any more news on where this picnic venue is going to be? (Walking somewhere, driving somewhere? Has idea been abandoned?) So far forecast seems to be for ok weather... Thanks!

Re Picnic: we had a picnic last year within the grounds in a designated picnic area (undercover, if I remember correctly) so I gather we'll do the same this year. No need to leave early. I imagine that the optional scenic drive will be arranged for later in the afternoon, but I'm sure Kirsty and Mark will be along shortly to explain everything.

Looks like Julie and I are going to have to drop out, son needs us to help him shift some stuff to his Uni (in the estate car not the 500!!). Hope you all have a great time and will try and do the next event

I have a question!

(quoting from Grimwau) "Mark has kindly offered to arrange a picnic venue at 1.00pm (food is so expensive at Beaulieu) and afterwards go for a convoy drive back through the Forest for all those interested.

Any questions just post in this thread so that everyone can benefit from the input."

As nearly the weekend (ie picnic food shop) any more news on where this picnic venue is going to be? (Walking somewhere, driving somewhere? Has idea been abandoned?) So far forecast seems to be for ok weather... Thanks!

Hi - looks like this one has already been answered - thanks, Mel! The picnic venue is within the grounds and all times for the afternoon are completely flexible, it is only arriving that has to be at a set time. Last time we had our picnic at 1pm and then some of us went for a drive around 2ish as I remember, but others stayed on to enjoy more of the museum. See you all soon!

Thanks both of you for explaining that. I took the sentence about Mark arranging something to mean it was outside of Beaulieu and was preparing myself for some sodden field, mud, and whether the stuff (collapsable chairs, wellies, groundsheet, blanket etc etc) was all going to fit in Ruby along with a picnic & two blokes!

I'm relieved, see you at the 'Dragon!

I didnt even realise this was on lol My dad booked tickets just to go to the museum and just said to me that theres an Italian car event going on so I thought it would be on here, so I will coming but my car will just be in the carpark lol

Get up early and meet us at the Green Dragon at 9am, then you can join our convoy, see your from berkshire so am I, only takes about 1 1/4 hours to get to the pub
(y)

Back