South Central Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.

Currently reading:
South Central Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.

Simply Italian Day, Beaulieu.
Posted by grimwau
Beaulieu
Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
This year we are arranging a visit to Beaulieu on Sunday 13th May 2012 after several requests from forum members who attended in 2011.

Anyone who is interested in joining our little convoy or who would like to meet up at the event please add yourselves in the usual way. There are no pre-designated areas so if we want to park alongside each other then we must arrive together, whether that be at the Green Dragon (see below) or at a pre-arranged meeting place en route.

http://www.greendragonbedbreakfast.co.uk/

I am not able to attend due to conflicting holiday arrangements but I am liaising with team yellowluigi (Mark & Kirsty) who were responsible for the success of last year's event, to help organise it this year.

Picture from last year courtesy of Alphacos.

attachment.php

I have posted links below from the official site and it would be advisable to book tickets in advance to facilitate entry.

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/club-rally/simply-italian

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/plan-your-visit/getting-here

Ticket Prices

Adults £10 and children £5 - only valid if arriving in a Italian vehicle, if you buy in advance you will also receive a 10% discount voucher for the Beaulieu shop! (+ £1 handling charge per order)

All other visitors please come through Visitor Reception and the standard admission fee applies.

We will be setting off from the Green Dragon Pub at Brook at 9.00am to arrive at Beaulieu for 9.30am. Due to time constraints we will not be able to stop en route for chats and photos as we usually do, but Mark has kindly offered to arrange a picnic venue at 1.00pm (food is so expensive at Beaulieu) and afterwards go for a convoy drive back through the Forest for all those interested.

Any questions just post in this thread so that everyone can benefit from the input.

Many thanks

Grimwau (aka Tony)

Hi
We Loved last years event and will do our very best to be there for this one. Driving back to from the Lake District on the Sat eve and off to Holland on the Monday but Sunday looks good, Mark please sort the weather like you did last year, pretty please :)

Last edited:
I think they have a cheek charging if you are showing your car. I got in free once with my classic car!!:mad:

Sounds good, although Caroline might have something to say about the early start !! ha ha (y)

Our tickets are now booked, count us in; 3 of us + a jolly little F500.

Did a dummy-run yesterday and it was easy to find The Green Dragon from the Cadnam sign posting.

Slippers (aka Ruby) is a Ragamuffin Red, so if any 500 variant in Pasadoble Red is coming along to this event, parking up next to each other will answer that eternal question of how near (or not) the colours are.

We’re looking forward to Ruby's first, (completely non-work related) day out. What are the picnic plans please? as unsure whether to spend day at Beaulieu or join the picnic cruise too (depends on the weather). Thanks!

Slippers (aka Ruby) is a Ragamuffin Red, so if any 500 variant in Pasadoble Red is coming along to this event, parking up next to each other will answer that eternal question of how near (or not) the colours are.

You'll need to park next to Elaine (Red Bubble) in that case, or between her and Chris (Alphacos) to be the filling in a Pasadoble Red sandwich.

Last edited:
I think they have a cheek charging if you are showing your car. I got in free once with my classic car!!:mad:

The museum is sadly run as a business now, even the handkerchief patch my husband has at the Spring Auto-jumble is under strict regulations now (free to clubs btw). To stay over night used to be free, not any more........

It costs a fortune to visit, I know, we go often enough!
Really sad we aren't able to make it :cry:

*Hubby has just pointed out my 500 was made in Poland..... 'slap'

The museum is sadly run as a business now, even the handkerchief patch my husband has at the Spring Auto-jumble is under strict regulations now (free to clubs btw). To stay over night used to be free, not any more........

It costs a fortune to visit, I know, we go often enough!
Really sad we aren't able to make it :cry:

*Hubby has just pointed out my 500 was made in Poland..... 'slap'

I'm passing the details to the local 500's for you. There must be one in every road where we live if not two!

I would like to see the difference myself!

Did I read correctly? The booking form for exhibiting your car says it costs £40??????

Daylight robbery if this is the case (n)

Oops, my mistake, that's for a stand... so how much is it the drive your car in?

Last edited:
Got home to find our £10 tickets just arrived - they enclosed a slip giving us 10% off in the gift shop on the day too, as thanks for pre-booking. I suspect that all these places cost mega-money to upkeep but I hope it'll be more interesting because of the Italian themed cars day than my last visit 20+ years ago... have memories of a bitterly cold day with wind whipping through the dark hangar full of cars just parked like they were in a car-park without drawing you in at all to the significance of each vehicle's place in history was.

Back