General side skirt clips

Currently reading:
General side skirt clips

Fiat wont sell this part on its own (n)

Best thing would be to make some brackets out of bendy metal.

when i fitted my abarth side skirts it was about two or three each side! Sorry i cant remember exactly! But i'd go with 3... also what i did when i fitted mine was put two screws in each end of the side skirt i.e. the part tht tooks into the wheel arch and attach it to the body so werent going anywere maybe something to consider!

1.8Stilo said:
when i fitted my abarth side skirts it was about two or three each side! Sorry i cant remember exactly! But i'd go with 3... also what i did when i fitted mine was put two screws in each end of the side skirt i.e. the part tht tooks into the wheel arch and attach it to the body so werent going anywere maybe something to consider!

i thought about puttting screws at either end but don't want to go into any metal. i might use "tiger seal", i've heard that will bond anything together

Did you buy the skirts from Fiat? as they are meant to come with clips.

It is 3 a side and they are bloody easy to snap when fitting, i put a small self tapping screw through mine as well, but only after some tw*t decided to kick one of them and snap all 3 clips :(

Bob in disguise said:
Did you buy the skirts from Fiat? as they are meant to come with clips.

It is 3 a side and they are bloody easy to snap when fitting, i put a small self tapping screw through mine as well, but only after some tw*t decided to kick one of them and snap all 3 clips :(

i bought them from fleabay, no clips with them, the chap at fiat said bonding will be enough to hold them on?????????????? thats what they do

chromegrey said:
i bought them from fleabay, no clips with them, the chap at fiat said bonding will be enough to hold them on?????????????? thats what they do

Erm... I doubt that!(n) You have to bond the sides on regardless, but if you don't have the clips there is nothing to hold the skirt underneath.

hiya there i couldent put clips on mine because sideskirts was 2 mch of an angle underneath so i drilled in the side of skirts through sill with small screws about 3 dwn 1 side. thn put tiny numberplate caps over screws u can bearly notice them when sprayed

Back