Styling Side bumpers (How you take them off)

Currently reading:
Styling Side bumpers (How you take them off)

dan_rae

I am working on my car at the mo i have bought a bodykit and everything but theres one thing that is really bugging me its the side bumpers the thing below the door and rear 1/4 panel they are black. My mk1 punto, white looks really silly with them on and i am wondering how you take them off. Are these silly things stuck on or will they leave wee holes in the bodywork. Thanks Dan Rae.:)

The main problem you will have here is you own a Fiat. The problem with Fiat is they changed their mind more times than Tron is shown at Christmas.
Your car will fall into 1 of 4 catagories.
Side strips bonded down, no holes,
Side strips stuck down, no holes,
Side strips bonded down with holes,
Side strips stuck down with holes.

If the strips are bonded on you will have very little chance of getting them off, unless you plan a respray. If they are stuck down you will get them off with a bit of fishing wire and a hairdryer, but if there are holes underneath they will need filling and the panels sprayed.
Luckily mine where stuck down with no holes behind them (1.6 sporting), after taking them off using the above method and cleaning the car it looked great.

Firstly you want to know if there are holes don't you? Easy, take the rear inside "door" card out of at least pull it out a bit so you can see behind it, if you can see clips its a no go, if there are no clips I would suggest you start picking at the rear strip. If it comes off easily no probs, if it looks terrible just stick it back down to cover the problem and spray them all white with rattle cans.

for where there once were bumperss - now there are none!!

pity it isn't this easy on a sei!

SEI POWER
(or lack thereof)

Back