General Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Currently reading:
General Should They Stay Or Should They Go

JiTz

Hi Peeps

Getting my new Stilo this weekend and have a question, i have the 17" Claws on my Punto at the mo should i keep them and knock £200 of the price i get for my punto or should i start from scratch (thinking 18's) :bang:

Please Help
:confused:

JiTz

JiTz said:
Hi Peeps

Getting my new Stilo this weekend and have a question, i have the 17" Claws on my Punto at the mo should i keep them and knock £200 of the price i get for my punto or should i start from scratch (thinking 18's) :bang:

Please Help
:confused:

JiTz
not a great fan of the claws, although i reckon they are highly rated on here...
personally i'm an after market alloys kinda guy..

I think thats what i wanted to hear !!!

Will 18's sit nice or will i have a hard time ????

Thanks for your help and thoughts

Loads of space in the stilo.
you should be able to not only fit 18's with low profiles, but also have the ride lowered a good deal.
(y)

Seraph said:
Loads of space in the stilo.
you should be able to not only fit 18's with low profiles, but also have the ride lowered a good deal.
(y)
Now thats just good news all round:slayer:

Thanks for the help

Speak soon when the beast:devil: arrives WOO HOO

bozzy said:
Seraph, you had yours lowered yet?
it's still sat on my drive waiting for the phonecall... They've had the same "apex" problems that most suppliers seem to be having atm, so they're takin a while to get them through.

I hope to god they get them soon, I'm back at work next week...

Seraph said:
it's still sat on my drive waiting for the phonecall... They've had the same "apex" problems that most suppliers seem to be having atm, so they're takin a while to get them through.

I hope to god they get them soon, I'm back at work next week...

I rang so many suppliers yesterday that the guy at Apex told the bloke at Motorsportworld to ask me not to phone anybody else!!!!

I went for Spax in the end as they had a few days delay instead of 2-3 weeks with Apex. Just want them in place for Brooklands.

bozzy said:
I rang so many suppliers yesterday that the guy at Apex told the bloke at Motorsportworld to ask me not to phone anybody else!!!!

I went for Spax in the end as they had a few days delay instead of 2-3 weeks with Apex. Just want them in place for Brooklands.
well i'm not fussed about payin a little extra, but it's raping me enough as it is, with the service charge.
i was originally going to pay a lil extra and get either koni or spax adjustable... but when they said they were charging that much to fit, i just went for apex..

bozzy said:
The only Stilo I think the claws look good on is a black one. What colour you getting?

Silver !(y) or(n)

JiTz said:
Silver !(y) or(n)
Silver is a good colour. make sure you get some "few spoked" wheels and get the caliperspainted red.
Black is a ok as long as it's that flat high gloss black, not the nasty assed gravelly black that i have.

Seraph said:
Silver is a good colour. make sure you get some "few spoked" wheels and get the caliperspainted red.
Black is a ok as long as it's that flat high gloss black, not the nasty assed gravelly black that i have.

LoL

Was thinking chrome 5 spoke wheels?? or will i be hated ??

JiTz said:
LoL

Was thinking chrome 5 spoke wheels?? or will i be hated ??
bot a fan of chromes myself, they always seem to look "plasticy" from a distance.

Seraph said:
bot a fan of chromes myself, they always seem to look "plasticy" from a distance.

That is true

What do you think of:

Chrome.jpg
OR
chrome 2.jpg

I think if its to much chrome they do look plastic.

But with thin spokes i might get away with it (n) (y)

Or i could just go Alloy

JiTz said:
I think if its to much chrome they do look plastic.

But with thin spokes i might get away with it (n) (y)

Or i could just go Alloy
the first ones i really like, but i'd have to see on the car,
and I actually had those momo GS-R's fitted to mine to see what it looked like, adn they looked well nice... but again, the rounded effect ont eh logo makes it plasticy, and they were too expensive for not being Quite right.
Momo have a great range, but they aren't half a target for the theives.

Saw a set of BK chromed alloys in 18" the other day at Welsh coast customs in Newport I just ran my hand over them and drooooooled :yum:

Seraph said:
the first ones i really like, but i'd have to see on the car,
and I actually had those momo GS-R's fitted to mine to see what it looked like, adn they looked well nice... but again, the rounded effect ont eh logo makes it plasticy, and they were too expensive for not being Quite right.
Momo have a great range, but they aren't half a target for the theives.
My friend had the top ones on his Celica
Celica.JPG
But i dont know about on a stilo

Momo do have a lot to offer just looked (very quickly)

will have Full Clifford to try and kill the thief thing !!:mad:

Back