Should I swap or am I missing something?

Currently reading:
Should I swap or am I missing something?

Do have insurance! Wheels not declared as they are a replacement to my damaged ones. Smart ass

And he was speeding, so he was fat and without insurance!

Well if you're replacing aftermarket alloys with aftermarket alloys then I don't see why you need to declare. But if you're replacing OEM alloys with aftermarket ones then you do and until you do, your company could refuse to pay out to yourself in the event of an accident and will chase you for the costs incurred by any third party. Especially if said accident was due to your wheels/ tyres :eek:

Point to one case in the history of driving where a company hasn't paid out becuase of alloys. Oh wait you cant find one.

Even if you could, I very much doubt that person had declared an induction kit and remap!

Right so, back to the original question rather than people who think they are clever - but in essence ARNT.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence of people having issues - whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. You have commited fraud under the Fraud Act 2006 by with holding information for an insurance policy and although you see it as minor, a quick google suggests plenty of cases as I mentioned, as a quick example:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/printthread.php?t=496199

Last edited:
Plenty of anecdotal evidence of people having issues - whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. You have commited fraud under the Fraud Act 2006 by with holding information for an insurance policy and although you see it as minor, a quick google suggests plenty of cases as I mentioned, as a quick example:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/printthread.php?t=496199

Of course, a totally modified bodykit, same as putting different alloy wheels on to replace the damaged old ones.

Ah of course, the old 'if posted on a forum it must be true' malarki.

Now try and find a little proof. (in fact the second example says he got paid anyway after speaking to his insurance company - not really a good example to use is it?)

Note: glad its moved to the insurance section, everyone always comes here! :woot:

Adrian Flux are reputable (however you spell it) with covering modifications, however when it comes to claiming there have been problems with their claims processing system :eek:

Back