Should I remove my 6x9's...??

Currently reading:
Should I remove my 6x9's...??

peterp

Hi all
Just a quickie really.
Basically I think that my sub is draining out my 6x9's anyway so I was thinking of removing them.I've got my head unit feeding my front co-axials a bit harder and this does seem to make a difference to the sound balance.
When I turn up my speakers too loud the 6x9's are popping as they are not amped and spoiling the overall sound quality.
Does anyone think I'll see a benefit in just having the sub in the boot running and on the front adjustmsnts made before I go to all to all the trouble of re-lining the parcel shelf if I remove the 6x9's..what do you guys suggest.?
Cheers
Peter.

My suggestion is to run another amp for your 6*9's, , if the sub drains out your shelf speakers try turning the Max Gain down on the amp, then setting less of a rear power to them. this sould help, ultimatly get another amp and run them seperate, depends on your 6*9 power rating

:yeahthat:

BUT also change the LPF and HPF of the amps, so the 6x9's and subs arent overlapping too much - let them deal with their own frequencies properly. So let the sub deal with the major bass, the 6x9s with high end bass, mid and treble.

If you got rid of the 6x9s and just had the sub in the back and the rest up front, it sounds crap. You need something in the rear to balance all the frequencies at the rear otherwise its way too bassy at the back and you dont get a good audio balance.

I found this the case when i had my subs in the back, my rear compos were removed for a pair of 6x9's - but then had to send em back cos they were faulty - so had no rear mid/treble. In the end it was so unbalanced and wierd i ended up having all the speakers bar the front components switched off.

Now i've got everything installed and working, the sound is perfect.

luke1985 said:
If you got rid of the 6x9s and just had the sub in the back and the rest up front, it sounds crap.

I disagree.

As long as you have a decent set of comps up front and a sub in the back you don't need anything else to make an excellent sounding system.

Perhaps add a small (10cm) set of coax's in the back to provide a little rear fill, but certainly not 6x9s.

Lose the 6x9s!

For me it depends on what you can do, if you can't fit a decent set of comps up front in the door fills without cutting or re designing them lot easier to shove some 6x9's,

Personally im a bass head rather that loud. I love to have my bass kicking really hard and a lot of treble from 6x9's

but everyone is different

Back